• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chiliwist to the loup loup

M
Dec 7, 2007
Benton City, WA
I was wondering if anybody on this site rode up in this area. I am supposed to be up at my parents for a couple of days around christmas with the wife. I was wondering if the snow was any good and how to get to the trail from the chiliwist side. My parents live at monse.

L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
My old neighbor from Renton has 40 acres up the Chilwist Rd. and I usually go up and ride every year. You can get to "Loup Loup several ways:
Go up Chiliwist Rd, take a rt. at the corrals and go to "Lander Road". There is really no place to unload and park on Lander Rd, so if there is enough snow, park near the cattle guard and ride up Lander Rd. In about 3/4 of a mile, you will come to the end of private property and will be on State land if you go straight ahead over a cattle guard there.....In a few miles, Landers will come to a "T" intersecton, go left (west, uphill).....Keep going past the Woody Mt. rd. and continue for another mile or two until you are heading kinda south. When the trail you are on kinda merges via a "Y", make a hard right and head north on the "Y"....You will be on some cross country skill trails and this will merger with the "South Summit Road"....This will take you to Highway 20 and a snow park. Near the snowpark signs on your right is a trail heading east.....Take it thru the trees and it will take you to a safe and easy location to cross Hwy 20.....From there, you can pass the Loup Loup ski area, make a right and ride to Conconully.

OR - Go up Chiliwist and take a left at the Corrals. In about a mile, that road ends at a "T".....Unload, take a right and head west. This will also take you up to the South Summit road, where you would take a right and head north. Take a map or GPS, there is one tricky turn you don't want to mess up on.

Current conditions - They had a good dump, it rained and was solid ice as of a week ago........Good luck...

M
Dec 7, 2007
Benton City, WA
Thank you for the information, I know that they got snow the past two days, I think my dad said it was 8" total, but down at monse it has also gotten up to 40 degrees the past two days, so we'll see.

Premium Features