• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Apex Skidplate

reed4rmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Clackamas, OR
Are skidplates recommended for the Apex and the Phazer, if so, what kind.

Anyone else had a problem with a Lefty's throttle and T.O.R.S. activation when you pinch the throttle? What did you do about it? Thanks, new to the turbo world.

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Skid plate depends on where you ride. In the mountains, for sure. Your left might not be adjusted right. The right throttle must return completely. I put a Gold Finger on my 07 Apex turbo and it works as advertised. Just have to make sure its set up right. I know some of the 06 Apexs had bad TORS sensors.

R
Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman MT
First time I changed oil and found the bottom engine cover broken and half missing I added a factory Yamaha skid plate. Really hated to bolt on a couple of lbs but the oil pan isn't far above that cover! Most of the skid plates are about $100.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Skidplates are a must on RX1s and Apexes. Get one from Yamaha.....they are the same for RX1 and Apex. Bottom of the engine and bottom edge of the front cooler are too vulnerable without it.

reed4rmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Clackamas, OR
Thanks guys, didn't want to spend the $100, but it's a whole lot cheaper than bashing something in.

On the TORS, I've adjusted and re-routed the Lefty cable to make sure it moves freely. Now all I need is some snow around here so I can check it out.

O

obile

Jan 17, 2003
walla walla wa
i have a gunnar killer. just make sure you get a normally closed switch like arctic cat or some other brand pingle makes one also
2piece.jpg

image-1.jpg

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Rental....shag
I know someone posted a thread on the old forum about the fasteners that come with the skid plate. "Nutcerts" I had 2 pull out yesterday and I'm looking for that thread that had a fix for the crappy factory fasteners.

I searched the old forum already and didn't find it.

Sap

Premium Features