• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SE Washington

H
Dec 5, 2006
Pendleton, Oregon
I have been wanting to ride the Washington side of the blues. Not sure if I would just ride over from tollgate or drive around and start on that side. Not really sure were to start out of over there though. Do you ride there?

Austin

M
Dec 7, 2007
Benton City, WA
I have actually never rode there. I usually go up by Yakima, Ellensburg, Leavenworth or up into Okanogan county. I used to live in Moses Lake, so most of these places were closer. I was trying to find someplace a little closer, maybe use a little less fuel:D

T

Twisted Boost

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Apple Capitol, Wa
Go to Clarkston, head south to Asotin and head outta there in a SW direction to get to Cloverland.....Pretty good riding up there.....

I use to live there for years and rode that area a lot, decent good riding. I haven't rode it in years with the new big bad sleds but have a lot of friends that do!!!:D:D

Nov 26, 2007
walla walla
There is some ok riding out of dayton.

I have ridden a bit on the WA side of the blues, usually out of the snopark just outside of the gate of bluewood ski area. It is ok, somewhat less crowded than tollgate, but you are 20 miles out of dayton so there is no fuel, etc. and the road is filled with idiot skiers driving to and from the ski area. The road also has a speed trap coming into dayton so don't speed!You can ride over to tollgate on skyline rd , but it can drift in pretty bad and it is a long way to the bottom of the hill. It is generally better to go early in the year and it is nice to have the ablility to get gas at the tolgate store. It is about 45 miles one way as I recall. They have a club that rides up there, I forget their name.. but they are a good group!

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Pomeroy would be over an hour closer then Cloverland. Better Roads and it is the same riding area as cloverland. From Pasco you can there in 2.25 hours.

H
Dec 5, 2006
Pendleton, Oregon
It is about 45 miles one way as I recall. They have a club that rides up there, I forget their name.. but they are a good group!

If I recall, your rite on the miles. Are you talking about a club that rides out of the Wa. side or Or. side? If you are talking Or. its the Tollgate Trail Finders. They have some good things planned this year. Here is there site>> www.tollgatetrailfinders.com

Austin

FlyingW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WA
If you are interested in riding out of Dayton and the Touchet Corral SnoPark near Bluewood let me know. Several of us ride up there all the time. The area may be smaller than some but we usually have good snow and there are places off the beaten path to be found.

Our club (Blue Mt. SnoMo Club) cooks hamburgers at the Godman shelter every Sunday as a fundraiser and to visit with the snowmobilers since that is one of the main destination places from either end of the mountain at Dayton. If you come on a Sunday stop on in at Godman for a burger.

The trail between Tollgate and Dayton usually gets drifted in for the year so is impassible for a while due to being Wilderness on one side and watershed on the other so is just a narrow corridor. Our side grooms to the state line the first part of the season but we can't keep up with the conditions and let it close up when the big snows and winds come in. The Tollgate groomer may run to Tiger Canyon leaving a few miles ungroomed between the two areas.

Ultrapig comes down out way sometimes to track up our snow. Like he says for the Pomeroy side to go south about 17 miles out of Pomeroy if you come from any place West of Pomeroy to get to that side of the Blues.

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I have been know to bring the pig to dayton every now and then. I have rode some great snow on both sides. IF you need a guide let me know.
rob

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
snow has settled, great 5 foot base... now waiting for the next big storm. This week is looking good for new snow

Hey Ultrapig... turn on your PMs

My XP is fixed (climbed the C run over and over again without threads).. waiting on the pig to be repaired...so we can ride again

Premium Features