• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Buck Creek, Taylors Fork, West Yellowstone

butch1969

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
ND
Hows the snow looking at these places? from you guys that have been out there riding already...post some pics if you got um'

A
Nov 26, 2007
I was in Taylors Fork Saturday as well...there is a great base started, but we need some fresh snow still...it was pretty hard underneith and rocks were pretty well covered under this hard layer...good start to the year, now LET IT SNOW!

P
Dec 19, 2007
Bozone, MT
I rode buck ridge yesterday and it was pretty good. The trail up is groomed and in good shape. On top its a little wind-blown. Theres a 1-2" crust on top in open areas, but under that is a few feet of powder. Conditions are good for someone just learning how to ride mountain powder, with that little bit of crust on top, its pretty forgiving. The snow is better in the trees, bottomless in a few areas I rode. Alot of untracked areas still left to explore.

blackvelvet

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2007
Big Sky area

Hey fellas, myself and a group of friends are coming to the area to ride buck, taylor and maybe west for 4 or 5 days. does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay, we are looking for a decent spot with a bar or close to one

thanks for any info

BV

P
Dec 19, 2007
Bozone, MT
Hey fellas, myself and a group of friends are coming to the area to ride buck, taylor and maybe west for 4 or 5 days. does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay, we are looking for a decent spot with a bar or close to one

thanks for any info

BV

Call 320 Guest Ranch: www.320ranch.com I think they have everything you're looking for. Its right on hwy 191, in between the trailheads for taylor fork and buck ridge. You can ride right from the lodge. its a real nice place, cabins and such. also, the corral restaruant is a few miles down the road, and half moon saloon is nearby and towards big sky. the corral has really good food, but half moon saloon has the most incredible BBQ ribs and brisket and the staff at half moon are alot fun!
You better get here soon...the snow has been great this year.

Last edited:
S

Spud

Mar 5, 2003
Lewistown,MT-USA
I know nothing about the 320 guest ranch but the Corral Bar Restaurant & Motel is not that spendy. Only $60 a night and $20 T-Bones or PrimeRib!!!:beer;

F

fuzz

Jul 4, 2001
Great Falls,Montana
Where you coming from Blackvelvet?

We have usually stayed at the 320. Ask them about a group rate. Real nice log cabins. Continental breakfast included. Somewhat pricey but they have a variety of sizes. Lodge has small bar and food is good ($$) We usually eat there one nite then go to Corral (cheaper but good)
Corral only has about half dozen rooms available but eats and bar is right there. Used to have hottub. Only stayed there once, (they dont allow pets) Buck Creek trailhead next to Corral. Rainbow Lodge is across the road from Corral but more costly.
Taylor Fork turnoff is about 2 miles south of 320 but I wouldnt want to ride the hiway ditch to it. There is a parking area right off the hiway or go back in about 4 miles plowed road to the Trailhead parking lot.
Cinnamon Lodge used to have great Mex food on Fri or Sat night. + bar. (Heck, every place in Montana has a bar.)
Big Sky turnoff is only gas station. Corral is about 5 miles south and 320 another 5.

D
Nov 26, 2007
From Away
Hows the snow looking at these places? from you guys that have been out there riding already...post some pics if you got um'
Second week at West.
yellowstonedrift.jpg

yellowstonetreetopflyer.jpg

Premium Features