• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mods for 900 Switchback

S
Dec 5, 2007
I have a 2006 900 Switchback. I plan on putting a 144" track with a 2" lug on it. If I do this what changes will I have to make to clutching and gearing. I ride at approx 1550 feet but when I make a trip to the mountains the elevation is anywhere between 4500' - 9000'.

What other mods would you suggest for this sled?
I know SLP makes a good kit for this engine.

I do not get alot of good responses from some of the mod shops I have spoken to this year due to the number of problems the 900 has had.:confused:

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
did same thing last year.. couldnt tell you what gearing i changed to numbers dont seem to stick in my head so well anymore. put in compfusions motormounts and never had a belt problem all season, put on slp intake and front rad elim. two wheel kit for looks and drilled track. removed sway bar only because of preference this year getting rid of rider select and getting new spindles and maybe possibly turbo depending on if i can get info on the kit i have not heard any updates since last spring

Premium Features