• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PSI Exhaust Valve question - which side is up, which side is down?

G

go high fast

I was dumb and didnt take note.

One side of the valve is shaved more than the other. In other words, at the very end of the valve, one side has more surface area than the other.

There are no markings on the valve to use as up or down and no need to refer me to PSI.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I dunno, I never took my own valves apart but I did see them laying on the bench a couple times. BUT, I think LHF might be right.

Turbotater on here CAN tell you for sure. He's assembled many-a PSI jugs.

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
2.5 years later and I'm just getting back around to a project in which I can use the motor. Hopefully I can wrap up the project this spring and summer. The resurection of the thread with the ttt was a way for me to refer to the old advice without having to Search for it each time.

Such is life as a self employed sole proprietor with only 1 employee (Me) with wife who works till 10:00 p.m. every night and parents of 3 major active H.S age kids whose parents participate in thier activities.......not complaining........I'm braggin' but it does mean that my snowmobile projects, like this one, often achieve legendary back-burner status.

P
Jan 4, 2008
Tacoma, Washington
If you look at the end of the exhaust valve closet to the piston you will see an angle that matches the piston in the bore.You can get these valves upside down accidently.Also be vary aware of the breather hose off of the valve,they must be clear and able to breathe easily.If the hose becomes blocked or melted closed,the valve will stay down and will not open at rpm's.Hope this help's. John Stevens

Premium Features