• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need Shock info- 01 Zx summit- what fits?

8alltheway

Dec 5, 2007
Eastern SD
My shocks on my summit are done for and i need new ones, i bought the sled with some generic black shocks , not the rebuildable ones that came stock. The front shock in the rear susp. is a Hpg (rebuildable i think?) but the other 3 are shot. So i need to know what is the C to C for shocks that will fit? also when they say C to C does that mean when the shock is fully extended right?, so the higher the #, the more travel?

Looking for any info at all!

R

RideCo

Nov 26, 2007
Ft. Collins, Co
I have the same sled. The fronts are 16.75 extended, and the front rear (middle) is 13.375 I believe. Not sure on the far rear though. Measurements are taken at extended length and compressed length.

B

bigcat_ak

Nov 27, 2007
North Pole Alaska
Go to Carver's site. They have the stock measurements listed. Front shocks are 15.34" with the 37" front end. Going with a set of 16.5" shocks helps lift the front end out of the snow better.

8alltheway

Dec 5, 2007
Eastern SD
I have a couple front shocks on the way (big thanks to sickdoo ^), but im still in need of a front shock on the rear susp., anyone know where i can pick one up?

Premium Features