• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I have some kind of electrical issue, need some help

M

millnoff

Dec 5, 2007
I have an 04 800ho and when i turn my heat grips on my headlight dims, and dims really bad when i turn them on high. Im not just talking at idle at cruzing rpms even it dims to the point where i dont feel safe riding at night. It draws so much power that it shuts off my avenger 2 even.

I tryed disconnecting the avenger 2, taillight, and dont have any stock gauges and still the porblem happens?

any ideas on what it could be?
thanks,
-Jesse

M

millnoff

Dec 5, 2007
Oh i forgot to mention i was having all kinds of isues last year with the sled droping cylinders and the dealer said they replaced the stator, so it saposidly has a new one of those in it.

-Jesse

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
we had our 06 cutting out and the lights were dim and the guages were screwed up and it was the stator..just got it back last week and its fine:)

M

millnoff

Dec 5, 2007
we had our 06 cutting out and the lights were dim and the guages were screwed up and it was the stator..just got it back last week and its fine:)

Kool, well i was always kind of leary on weather or not they replaced the stator becasue it didnt fix the problem, and becase of that they didnt charge me for the "new stator"... idk. Ill bring it to another dealer and see what they say.

thanks,
-Jesse

Premium Features