• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Reflash M6 ECU to M7?

R

RobG

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 10, 2003
Nowhere
There was a thread... I THINK it was on the old forum, but after searching for it I couldn't find it... but there was somebody here who has the ability to reflash M-series ECUs... whether to the latest code, or to flash an M6 to an M7, etc.

I'm getting a 700 top-end, so this is something I'll need to have done, and I was wondering who I needed to talk to. :)

Thanks!

Rob

R

RobG

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 10, 2003
Nowhere
This is a way old thread, but I'm doing the M6->7 conversion now and need to get reflashed. One dealer I talked to said it couldn't be done, that I had to buy an M7 ecm. I'm not convinced. Wondering who I can send it to.

Thanks!

Rob

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Theres a guy in winnipeg manitoba Canada that does all the reflashes I'll look into and see what I can find out for ya. Maybe get ya a #. Be patient it might take e a few days. My dealer does all the dealing but I've had my ecu reflashed a couple times.

M
Dec 11, 2007
I'm doing this same mod and am trying to find someone to do the same thing, we wondering if a boondocker box would over ride everything anyway could you just go with that?

R

RobG

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 10, 2003
Nowhere
slediot: Thanks! Please do let me know.

snowman: What symbol and year do you need? I know it's the square or rectangular box if that tells you anything...

mattbabino: The dealer that said it couldn't be done said you could run a Boondocker box in lieu of the reflash. If I went that route, I suppose I'd go ahead and get a pipe too.

Rob

M
Dec 11, 2007
yeah i called boondocker today they said ; buy the m7 box and it would over ride the ECU, and whats the point of an M7 without the twins?

PowerJoe

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Arctic Cat can't do it!!!

I sent my M6 square ECU to Cat through my dealer to get reprogrammed to be an M7. They sent my original ECU back along with a new M7 ECU saying they cannot do it and they want $300 for the M7 ECU they sent. Sounds like they are trying to stiff me.

Snowman, I will be sending you a PM.

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
this is one of those things that has about 20 different answers to it and all or none might be correct. i researched this all summer and from what i can tell if you have a 600 ecu that is 05 or newer it can be reflashed and you dont need a bd box unless you are running more mods. Jeff at Dakota Performance said he can send them in to be reflashed for $75. If he can do it i would think any cat dealer can do it. Just some are more willing to help than others.

PowerJoe

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
I was told that because mine is off of a 2006 which had a pipe temp sensor and the M7s do not, it cannot be done.

The 2005 M6 came without the pipe temp sensor and these can be reprogrammed as an M7.

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
As far as doing the swap itself on the cylinders and apvs and such its all the same bolts right up. There are some differences with the coolant through the throttle bodies on the 600-700 pre 05 but thats a different story. I have a M6 converted to a 700. When I did mine I had a 03 F7 donor sled so I swapped ECU, Throttlebodies(to match injectors symbol to ECU), APVs, Cylinders, Head, and new pistons. The pipes are interchangeable to a point. I ran the F with a 600engine and the 700 pipe with no problems. I was told though there is a slight HP loss and I'm running a BMP pipe mod on my M7. I ran the M7 with the 03F7 program for part of a year with good luck then was dumb enough to have it reprogrammed to the 06M7 specs. The guy at AC that used to be in charge of programming was Chip and at the time I had mine done the only charge was the shipping. I think that was back in like January of 2007 when I still worked at the dealership part time.

Premium Features