• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need xp advice

P
Nov 26, 2007
washington
Hi I was riding my new xp 163x and it was so hard for me throw around it feels like 50lb hevvier than my old rev 151 please let me know what I need to do with my sled, I disconected sway bar but it still hard to throw I noticed my limeter strap was to tight even when I stand on sled maybe this is a problem.I put 25 miles no mechanical problems,thanks.

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
Hi I was riding my new xp 163x and it was so hard for me throw around it feels like 50lb hevvier than my old rev 151 please let me know what I need to do with my sled, I disconected sway bar but it still hard to throw I noticed my limeter strap was to tight even when I stand on sled maybe this is a problem.I put 25 miles no mechanical problems,thanks.

try the limiter strap up 1 notch and move the bar riser back and try that,,mine and ve's are back 1/2" to 1" further than our buddys and his sled takes a lot more effort to steer..play with that adjustment,it makes a heck of a difference.

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
I have a 163 XP. Have about 250 miles on it. It is very stable on the rode. Sticks like glue. BUT in the powder it carves very easy. I can throw it around and side hill easier than my 07 XRS. I keep hearing from different people that it feels heavy & is hard to kick around...... What I am wondering,, is if the guys that are having a hard time, are trying to kick it around on harder snow. I truly have never been on a sled that is so easy in the deep powder.

C
Aug 20, 2001
Clagary, AB

felt the same about the XP...I have now moved my bars back...and have put almost no ski pressure on the front....hoping that will make it easier...rear clicker to 3 and next I will move the limiter strap up 1 from factory...will ride it with one change at a time to see and respond...maybe ride this w/e and see.

T

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming

i did some measuring today.154X.our front limiter with me setting on the sled has at least 3/4 to 1" slack,,the front shock has 1 1/4 " of threads showing above the adjuster.front shocks are all the way weak.. we leave the sway bars in..just some free info, dont know if it will help but ours are handling real good..veeeeery happy:D ,,can ck the 163x if you need me to tomorrow for the adjustments:cool:

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
although i don't have a lot of time on my 163, i find that where i put my body weight (fore and aft) makes a lot of difference as to how much effort it takes to get on its' side....what wyo t/a said about putting the bars back an inch or so makes a lot of sense as that would put your body weight back a bit also, which will make the front end seem lighter and you should be able to get it on its' side in the powder easier....on the trail the opposite is also true, more body weight forward makes for better steering

Hotboat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT.
Mine feels light!!!!!!!!!

I can’t under stand some of the posts I've been reading as to how heavy the xp feels. I think you need to consider your going from a 151 to a 163. That alone will take some getting used to. I also had a 151 and went with the 154. I feel its very ad gel and it climes like a goat on steroids. It must be your set up or snow conditions.

Last edited:

skippyh2o

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2005
Bonney Lake
www.hidsource.com

Pick up a set of the toe holds, that helps me.

A
Nov 30, 2007
cant move it around

heres what you do to fix your problem, try this it works! go to your local polaris dealer and buy a 800 dragon hahahah!

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
heres what you do to fix your problem, try this it works! go to your local polaris dealer and buy a 800 dragon hahahah!

yeah...that's what you should do. Instead of riding a sled that feels like it's heavier, you should just go buy a sled that's actually 50-60 lbs heavier. What a genuis you are Andy!

K

khaddon2110

Aug 17, 2006
Idaho

Excellent first post there Andy. How long were you lurking on here before you decided, Now is the right time to sign up and get an account on Snowest. Then I will make my first post in the Doo section telling someone to go buy a Polaris. Brilliant, Just Brilliant

To you andy
assclown22ejpg4oa252Ejpg2Ejpg.jpg

Oh, and Welcome to the forum. The polaris section is just down the hallway.

P
Nov 26, 2007
I let a woman ride my 163 XP for over 15 miles yesterday. She can't be more than 115 lbs wet. She had no problem at all controlling a 163 XP. Heavy? Come on. I think you are like the rest of us getting older every year. Maybe when we are 50 we can snowcheck one with power tilting to assist us.

The XP has to be one of the easiest sleds I have ever rode. It is a different feel but throwing it around is a piece of cake. Grab an RX1 and compare the XP to heavy. I doubt you would say the same thing again.

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
Here's my two cents. Today was my first "powder" ride and I agree. This sled feels heavy at the "half way" point. Intial roll in is great, but it takes a lot of effort to get past that or to stay there. Once you do get it past halfway, it lays over very quickly! My '06 is kind like that too(the steeper the sidehill the better it likes it), but it feels different on the XP. It fly's great and is movable in the air, but that amount of movement is very small compared to "layin" it over. I'm sure I'll adapt to it. My '06 151X with a sway bar,(XP is a 154X) feels lighter during donuts. We'll see!:rolleyes:

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
An XP rider mentioned the high placement of the secondary may be acting as a gyroscope, thus making it harder to throw over when spinning high rpm's. Though, if this is true then it would follow that it would be easier to hold it over once there as well.

R
Nov 26, 2007
New Meadows
Disconect the sway bar! The sway bar this year seems a lot stronger than past years. Anyone else think this? You do not need to buy the fancy disconect, just pull out the bolt and try it for one day!

RockPDX

Premium Features