• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wedge mod pics!

F
Nov 26, 2007
I'm starting work on an already frankenstein'd '94 storm with a '98 700 twin in it. Just wondering if anybody out there has pics of some of their wedge mods and expanations of what they did would be great as I'm looking for some ideas. Thanks!

I
Jan 12, 2004
Chattaroy Wa
I had a 97 wedge last year with a 910 in it...specs were edge chain case (droped and rolled), extroverts, van amburg tunnel, old school boss seat, 151 track, fox shocks...umm i am sure theres more....everything was built in 2005 except the 910....that was done last year and is now in my edge...now it has a 800 with a slp single in it...i will post some pics for you to

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Prince George
This is the only picture I could find. 97 RMK with 136 M-10 set back skid 144 2.25 finger track custom tunnel & running board supports,SLP single pipe 98 600 hood a few rivets holding it together.

97 RMK stuck.JPG

F
Nov 26, 2007
Those are some sweet pics thanks guys. Mogul that's one of the best stuck pictures I've ever seen! Where would I go about looking for an aftermarket tunnel for the wedge chassis that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg?

F
Nov 26, 2007
Also, for the running board supports, how are they attached to the boards? My sled has heat exchangers running under the running boards that kind of prevent putting holes or attaching anything to them. Which is annoying because I'd like to strengthen them and put something on there for better traction, but the heat exchangers are in the way....

J
i cant find any pics, but my sled is an 97 700 i put a 151 under it, slp twins, vforse 3's modded my air box to fit the slp big air horn intake, i strengthend my tunnel by welding thoes plates on insted of riviting them on, you can do the same, the 700's are good, they hold up well

I
Jan 12, 2004
Chattaroy Wa
well if you really wanted to you can take your heat exchangers off and put a U cooler under your seat or a stock rmk cooler...the one nice thing about the coolers you have is that it keeps your running boards more clear of snow....as for an aftermarket tunnel....none of them are cheap and i am a firm believer that you get what u pay for

J
thats true, but if you dont need one, if urs isnt cracked or anything, i wouldnt put the money there, ya the new ones are nice, but not cheep, before you know it you have 10k in a 2k sled, my tunnel cracked and i had it welded and plated, holds up awsome now just my 2 cents

M
Nov 26, 2007
Prince George
Built my own tunnel and supports. Supports were made from checker plate and I punched grip flares in them,They rivet on were the suspension brackets are rivited on. I have put them on both of my sleds and will try to find some pics.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Improving wedge running board grip

So what else have people done in the past to improve grip and strength on their wedge-style chassis running boards. (with the heat exchangers running under them). Pics and advice would be great!

Thanks

Snoman69

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2003
Colorado Springs
I can't get to the pics, but you can put snow eliminators or better boards, without cutting the running brd out. Just drop the heat exchanger down, install the snow eliminators and them put the heat exchanger back up. You will have better traction, and becuz of the heat exchanger it keeps the snow melted.

I built a wedge mod based off a 98 RMK... Funny thing is, by the time I was done, the only thing from the 98 was the bulkhead. 98 RMK bulk head, 01 light weight polaris tunnel, modded 670 rotax, 01 RMK suspension with IQ rails, FOX shocks all the way around, mesh hood, 04 light weight modified escape seat. ect.... Many other things done, but ya get the point....

Doing this takes alot of work, but is also fun.... Now I just need to some snow to get it out on....:(

U
Oct 13, 2002
Deer Park, WA
Here's my Ultra BB

Here's a picture of my 96 XCR w/ a Ultra 800 Flannery built motor. PSI Big Bore pipes, I used the XCR engine straps, moved motor down 1/2" deeper into chassis. CMX tunnel and U-cooler. Edge chaincase D&R. Extrovert 9 tooth, 156x2 Challenger (Ported). Boss seat, Chromoly Extra10 Rear suspension, Racers Edge Front end, Fox Shocks, Mesh hood......

Dropped probably about 100lbs on the wet version.

Amazing how much fun a lightweight chasssis and 170+ hp is!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Kevin

Picture 143.jpg

M
Nov 27, 2007
well this is my mom's sled...... its a 98 xc700, we put a cr tunnel with a 156 and a edge skid frame, boss seat, fox's up frpnt, ryde fx in the back, a few other trick cr parts, and simmons ski's, works real nice
todaynov24017.jpg

todaynov24016.jpg

todaynov24015.jpg

Dec 4, 2007
well this is my mom's sled...... its a 98 xc700, we put a cr tunnel with a 156 and a edge skid frame, boss seat, fox's up frpnt, ryde fx in the back, a few other trick cr parts, and simmons ski's, works real nice
todaynov24017.jpg

todaynov24016.jpg

todaynov24015.jpg

that is one of the sweeeetest sleds i have seen...yea i might be a little partcial to wedgies but man thats sweet looking!

J

j.c.higgins

Nov 26, 2007
St. Albert, Alberta
Yes that is one nice build! Turned out really good. I'm a wedge rider also. Took a 98xc and basically did something very similar. xcr/ultra 800 with a CR Racing tunnel and cooler, drop & roll, Camo 162x15x2.5, Boss flattop, Tison frontend, Holz rear, Flox Floats,Mountain Fit hood. Basically every nut bolt and rivet i've done myself and i used a lot of used parts off of Snowest that i reconditioned myself. Keith.

Last edited:
Premium Features