• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have a sheet of engine codes on an apex?

B
Nov 26, 2007
Just bought a 07 apex with MCX turbo. Has around a thousand kms. on it. Took it for 2 passes across the yard, and went to load it in my trailer. Now it doesn't want to idle on it's own, once fired up it will run for a few seconds then start to dye out if you let off the throttle. The check engine light is on and the #23 is up on the display. number 14 flashed a couple times to, but not doin it now. Don't want to head into the backcountry until I know its working good. The coolant light was on so I filled it up and it is boiling out the extra, other than that I have done nothing. Any ideas? Thanks

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Codes

Send me a pm with your email addy and i will email them to you. SB

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
apex20codes20281292Ejpg.jpg
apex20codes2Ejpg.jpg

B
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks guys, appears to be an issure with the atmospheric pressure sensor. I wonder if this has something to do with the idleing thing. HMMMM

Snoboner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle Point, OR
On an 06 I would say the TPS is toast if it is the original one. The manual tells you how to by-pass. With pictures too.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Pulled er in the shop, wnaked off the panels and went in for supper. Went back out and fired it up and is 100% again, what gives? Now I am a little worried to take it out. Guess i'll have to see if it happens again.

Quicksilver

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
the Great White North
I have a buddy with an M7 who had problems similar to this, but his was also running like crap. It was his atmospheric pressure sensor hose that was plugged with a little bit of water and it would ice up and clog. Locate your sensor and check it. It probably thawed out when you put in the garage.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Ya id say this was the same thing. I had it on my deck and was driving in the rain for a bi then it froze. Now all I gotta do is find the thing. Anyone know where the sensor is on an apex?

Premium Features