• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled Insurance for Canadians

B
Nov 27, 2007
I see a long thread going for American insurance rates which seem like a deal. I seem to be finding prices anywhere from $600-$1000 up here. I really want to get my sled fully insured this year (theft and damage) so that when I get in a hairy situation I will be more concerned about my personal safety than my $15000 investment rolling down the hill.

Has anyone found any good deals? I've checked with Capri as they give discounted rates for BCSF membersabd their internet quote was around $600. My automobile insurance agent was something ridiculous like over $1000 after storage insurance is included. I've been trying to get through to TD Canada Trust as I hear they may have good rates but their phone wait times seem ridiculous. I have a 2007 M8. Any suggestions?

B
Nov 27, 2007
Wow this new forum server is weird, everytime I try and edit it says I don't have permission and to refresh page and login again. This doesn't work. Anyways corrected quote from Capri is $720 for all perilks as they call it. There have got to be some deals out there.

I see a long thread going for American insurance rates which seem like a deal. I seem to be finding prices anywhere from $600-$1000 up here. I really want to get my sled fully insured this year (theft and damage) so that when I get in a hairy situation I will be more concerned about my personal safety than my $15000 investment rolling down the hill.

Has anyone found any good deals? I've checked with Capri as they give discounted rates for BCSF membersabd their internet quote was around $600. My automobile insurance agent was something ridiculous like over $1000 after storage insurance is included. I've been trying to get through to TD Canada Trust as I hear they may have good rates but their phone wait times seem ridiculous. I have a 2007 M8. Any suggestions?

Hey
I shopped around like a mofo last year when i wanted to insure my new sled. Capri is the best. I just renewed mine for this year and the total was $686.00 Thats for all perills (absolutly every coverage available) and with the membership you get 3rd party liability.
This is for a 07 Phazer Mtn Lite. Hope this helps you

B
Nov 27, 2007
Thanks Tturbo. Yeah Capri has been the best I can find. Got ahold of TD; you have to have vehicle insurance through them first and I didn't feel like going through this hassle.

I phoned Capri and got a quote of $594 for all perils as they call it. This was using a value of $12000 for the sled as they only insure current value, not full replacement value. I'll have to decide on a more accurate current value for the sled but I'll be using Capri.

J
Sep 21, 2005
Peace River, Alberta
Does anyone have a link to Capri?

I just got a quote through Cooperators. I have my trucks, home, business, bike, and quad insured through them, and they STILL wanted about $1500 a year for an '08 M8. I need to shop around...

C
Jan 8, 2005
Calgary
StateFarm Insurance

I have found them to be the best price for toys. But can't compete with my Auto insurance. The tough part is getting an agent to write a policy for your toys only. Usually they want it all...house, autos and toys to make a policy.

O
Dec 3, 2001
Ontario, Canada
I'm also with State Farm, but despite having a perfect record, I'm still paying $600 for full coverage on an '07 Renegade X 600HO SDI. This is up $50 from last year when the sled was new (?!?!?!). I've got everything I own insured by them as well, have a perfect driving record and never made a claim.

The whole industry is a scam. The safest drivers/riders get to pay for the idiots who don't give a damn.

Edit: I'm in Ontario, for reference.

Last edited:
B
Nov 27, 2007
Does anyone have a link to Capri?

I just got a quote through Cooperators. I have my trucks, home, business, bike, and quad insured through them, and they STILL wanted about $1500 a year for an '08 M8. I need to shop around...

www.capri.ca They offer good rates for BC snowmobile federation members. I'm not sure if they do out of province insurance though. Good luck.

R
Dec 1, 2007
Allstate

I was insured through the same company for 18 years in Alberta with with my house, trucks, street bikes and quads with no complaints. That is until I went to insure sleds. So, on the phone I went to every insurer I could find that was listed. All the places where within $20-$30 for all my other items but sleds where around $600 - $900 for new mountain sleds. Then I talked to Allstate. They matched my insurance for all items then insured both my mountain sleds (full insurance) for $600. That was the cheapest I could find and as far as I know they are a reputable company.

Cheers

S
Jan 6, 2002
buddy of mine is insured through All State....and pays under $100 for full coverage..including collison! that was a few years back. never ask him recently..but sure its pretty low! he also has every insured with them!

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
I pay 143$ through Drayden and ING. Multiple policy discount.

No collision, I think it is a ripoff to pay hundreds of dollars in premiums to unsure myself if I drive into a tree...:D

K

Koby

Nov 26, 2007
Saddle Hills
Insurance

just insured the new XP for $340 through co-operators. full coverage $500 deductable, replacement value for 3 yrs.

X2 for Co-operators. Close to same price on my apex. 5OO deductible. all peril, replacement value.

Premium Features