• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seat other than boss?

I
Nov 26, 2007
I'm looking for a taller seat for my sled so I can raise my bars and still see over them while sitting down. (Who sits down when riding the mountains? Me on the way back cause I'm lazy)

I REALLY don't want to support boss in anyway, their custome service pizzed me off a year or two back and I'm still bitter. But beyond that their crap is expensive as hell and so was the other company I looked at...mountain mod or some such thing.

The new-ish Pro X seats are taller but what about comfort? They're still kinda pricey at 300 used or 350 new.

Am I stuck glueing pool noodles together and covering it in pleather? Is there an option I missed? Does someone want to sell me a used aftermarket seat cheap and take some pool noodles in trade? Does someone want to make $50 making me a taller seat? lemme know.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
Yes, the Boss seats are definitely not cheap and I was not totally impressed with the build quality nor how I had to cut my rear tail light mounting plastic to make it work on my Vector. That said, the seat was really light and it has not broken down or sacked out, even with 260+ miles of XC racing on it. I bottomed out hard a number of times and my butt never contacted the tunnel. I think it is like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. During and after each race I was thinking the hi-rise seat was worth every penny!

I bought mine second hand, never used, and saved on the shipping so that helped a little bit.

C

CA-Catman

Nov 19, 2002
Burney ,CA.
I don't know if Reeb is still on SW but they were making the Buck Seats.
I think them and Boss Had a run in.

Anyhow I had them make me a custom seat for my sled in 2003 and it looks
same now as it did when I received it.

P
Nov 28, 2007
I don't know what kind of sled you have but this is what someone else has done(not me). Just get some stiff foam, glue it to original foam, shape, bring to upholstery shop to get recovered. I don't think it cost him near as much as an aftermarket seat

resized_60491.jpg

resized_62229.jpg

A

Abominable

Dec 30, 2003
Evel Knievel jump site, ID
snowest.com
Ive done the noodle thing, I posted a thread with pics and instructions in the old forums and I am pretty happy with it. It looks almost stock other than the raised height and feels great - but I wouldn't do it again for $50 bucks, it would take 3-4 times that 'cause its a pain in the a$$ to do it.

DSCF3692.jpg

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
We have just had new ones made for our sleds at the local upholstery shoppe. I guess the one that we went to actually specializes in tractor seats, but any shoppe should be able to doo what you want.

I would post a pic here, but I am sportin' a new 'putor and no pics are on it, and all my pics were loaded on the old site, so timeing just aint werkin' out here. LOL!

Anyway, me and my chumm had ours done when they were brand new in fall of '01 and between us they have aboot 12,500 miles on them and the only issues so far have been where gas has leaked down on some of the skirting. (Our seats were built to go on top of "under seat" gas tanks.)

Likely half the price or less than a BOSS. But no BNG's. :rolleyes:

H
Jan 28, 2004
Ive done the noodle thing, I posted a thread with pics and instructions in the old forums and I am pretty happy with it. It looks almost stock other than the raised height and feels great - but I wouldn't do it again for $50 bucks, it would take 3-4 times that 'cause its a pain in the a$$ to do it.

DSCF3692.jpg

Looks pretty good for what it costs

Nov 26, 2007
Kent,Wa.
Skid Seats

I went to the open house at Fasttrax in Puyallup, and saw a seat there that will give boss a run for the money. The seats were called "Skid seats", very cool seat, light, tall, lots of storage, and not as much wait. Curt said he could get them in 2-3 weeks. I don't know if that is still true, but worth the call to find out. If I remember correctly they were around $525 and come with a shovel pouch. Check it out, I sure hope it works out, because I will never buy a Boss again. Once doing bussiness with them was enough for me! -00's PS. here is the address FTXmotorsports.com for more info

Last edited:
Premium Features