• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track Poaching

B
Nov 21, 2007
Jackson WY
End of western civilization. Clearly the trend of "track poaching" is another symptom of the moral decay of our society. Those that track poach are adding nothing to the sport, just using a path that a superior rider has made for these cheating sheep to follow. To make things worse, they come down the hill with a wide grin like they just accomplished something themselves, and often exhibit a smug and ungrateful attitude to those that laid the path for them to follow. To make things worse, they often are pitched from the existing track and get thrown into some line that they cannot negotiate themselves, and hit some solid object or get stuck in snow they have no business being in, leaving the hill torn up for the real riders.
In my opinion, these losers should be left home to watch fotball and scratch their nuts, but generally they are pushed out the door by their wives that are tired of hearing about what a great rider they are.

racingpit

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2002
Sheridan, WY
www.hoseplugs.com
Amendment 2: Honor will be given to original track maker's track in which poacher uses. It shall be a high honor for the original track maker, and make the poachers run null and void. Said poacher must buy the original track maker a beer.

K
Nov 27, 2007
Washington
Everyone should poach and leave all that virgin snow for me. I mean, why would you want some inferior rider( or any other rider for that matter) tearing up the good stuff:D

Jeb

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
If you're trying to get up something tricky....whatever gets you over the top is fair game! Survival of the smartest haha

If you're trying for a "fair" competition, then stick with basketball or baseball or one of those wiener sports with lots of rules :D

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
...... just using a path that a superior rider has made for these cheating sheep to follow....

But think of the lessened environmental impact they are having on the virgin snow but not running over it.........

Cheating's cheating no matter which way you cut it. The only time poaching is acceptable is if you dropped into a bowl and can't get out on your own or can't climb a hill to get into a riding area that all your buddies just climbed. If you're just poaching to get a highmark, you deserve a freshly shaken beer. only snopropanthers are allowed to poach with no consequences........well, none other than being ridiculed on Snowest.

:)

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
It is acceptable when your riding buddies/hunting partners are not as good a rider as you or have inferior sleds just for them to make it up the hill, through the valleys while tracking furbearing animals. I'm usually the one in front busting trails to catch up to said furbearer, and will usually be the one bagging it. ;)

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
Is'nt it the American way to take someones idea and make it better? Is'nt it this philosphy that has brought the Dragon and the Nytro into existance? I applaud those brave enough to use someone else's ideas and hard work with a little twist or a little more and THEN call IT their own.

Last edited:
T
Oct 21, 2002
Idaho
Its all legal! If I beat your mark and follow your trail till the last second and than get stuck ABOVE your mark, Well, I guess I am better and higher up than you! BTW, I wont need to cheat with my new XP bad azz sled anyway. C-yah sukahs!

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Totally legal, there would be many areas we could not get into if we weren't poaching or "leap frogging". Those who poach and gain 100' up a slope obviously have a stronger sled than those who poach and only gain 50' up a slope. If your running a weak motored sled (anything other than a turboed something) you better practice by spotlight and fine tune your poaching abilities or you will be left in the dust.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Bozeangelas
ive been riding around west yellowstone and bozeman for many years and ive been doing it on a 340... track poaching is what gets me where the other riders with bigger better sleds go. i just put in a 500 though so we will see who is poaching my track soon enough :D

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
End of western civilization. Clearly the trend of "track poaching" is another symptom of the moral decay of our society. Those that track poach are adding nothing to the sport, just using a path that a superior rider has made for these cheating sheep to follow. To make things worse, they come down the hill with a wide grin like they just accomplished something themselves, and often exhibit a smug and ungrateful attitude to those that laid the path for them to follow. To make things worse, they often are pitched from the existing track and get thrown into some line that they cannot negotiate themselves, and hit some solid object or get stuck in snow they have no business being in, leaving the hill torn up for the real riders.
In my opinion, these losers should be left home to watch fotball and scratch their nuts, but generally they are pushed out the door by their wives that are tired of hearing about what a great rider they are.

I weep for our nation.....

"youth is wasted on the young" is that what you think?

Premium Features