• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'99 or '00 zr 600 need info about

D

decarls

Nov 26, 2007
Brainerd, Mn
just had a friend of a friend call me looking to put a different track under his zr600. problem is i know nothing about arctic cats and aparently he doesn't either. he thinks a 1.5'' or 1.75'' should fit but doesn't know the pitch or exactly what will clear. wants a 136''x15''. if anyone can help me with any info or by chance has one laying around they want to get rid of that would be great.

thanks

Donald

decarls@hotmail.com

Last edited:
D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
2.52 pitch and I think a 1 1/2" paddle will clear. The powder specials had a 2 inch notched track to clear the cooler lines. It was about a half inch notch so a straight 1 1/2 should fit. They ran very close to the fron cooler also. I think the zr had the same clearence, but a quick measure or the cooler to the flat belt of the track will tell you what you need to know. He will also want to gear it down some.

D

decarls

Nov 26, 2007
Brainerd, Mn
thank you. now i just need to to a little searching for a track for him. if anyone has something to get rid of let me know. thanks

Z

zr600

Oct 26, 2001
Bismarck ND
The 2" would fit with a little trimming. Don't need to trim as much as they did from the factory though.

arcticcatwill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, id
The 2" would fit with a little trimming. Don't need to trim as much as they did from the factory though.

all you would have to do is run 8 tooth drivers with a 2'' track, and i think he would be better off just putting a 2'' 121 by 15, then he wouldn't have to mess with the tunnel and heat exchanger. but i am sure that you can buy a tunnel/rail extentions.

D

decarls

Nov 26, 2007
Brainerd, Mn
i'm not real sure what he has going on. i'm assuming he allready has a 136'' skid or this wouldn't be happening. not sure he's the most mechanically inclined! if it were me i'd do the 2'' x 121'' or if it's possible even a little taller, i think that would be a fun sled... if it were a 800 and a doo!! j/k

thanks for everyone's help. i think we found him a track in the swapmeet.

Premium Features