• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha Apex Impulse Race turbo kit

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
The complete Impulse RACE kit (this is a big deal as you want the race kit even if it’s a trail sled) is THE most impressive thing you can EVER do to an apex. People that follow me on here know I was in turbo denial for years rocking my MPI stage 1 SC which is awesome but the Impulse kit is out of this world. This kit includes everything to bolt one EXCEPT the head shim and tunnel cover (it may be bent, if its not bent I would include this as well). The exception is it has a modified CPR intercooler which allows use under the stock headlight and has the most surface area of any IC for apex. Includes the aluminum 11.5 gal tank and .5 surge tank that mounts up by battery. A custom rear suspension is probably needed as it moves 6% more weight to the rear, it also balances the sled side to side. I dialed in 135lbs of ski pressure with this and the sled was so playful it was amazing, not like a stock apex at all. By custom rear I just mean something that can handle some hits, re-valved for the extra weight and possibly more bogie wheels on front of rails as it centralizes a lot of mass on that front arm. The boss seat is a custom seat that was hogged out to sit over the aluminum tank. Its not the prettiest seat but it works and very comfortable for a trail sled even though you have about 2” of foam between your hind quarters and the tank. The grippy top was great. With this kit you fill from the rear of the seat and the air intake is where the stock fuel cap was.

The 2860RS turbo may have some seals leaking but I actually think it’s the small oil drain, other people with the impulse kit had this smoking turbo thing and increased the drain size and it stopped. This one smokes a tad with 0w40 oil at start up but once warm stops so I was planning on adding a larger drain. If you use 5w30 oil it doesn’t smoke at all. I do have a BRAND NEW in the box CHRA for the turbo I would sell for $500 (new was $800!) if you’re worried about it. Comes with external Tial wastegate which is amazing and dumps into tunnel. I converted the race kit 3” dump into a dump with a boost activated exhaust cut out, that diverted exhaust through another 3” pipe into a baffle insert that necked the exhaust down to about 1.5” under 6 psi. It was QUIET through all towns, on the trail at any speed. Open the flipper and she SINGS in a good way. Very awesome sound! I ran the Hallman MBC at 12 psi (which was the wastegate) and 91 octane on the 9.5 CR motor listed above. I think I could run 15 psi but was easing into it. At 12 psi the sled is a friggen animal, and I mean insane. I like fast things and this was way beyond anything I have experienced. I was racing a new doo 850 (well I wouldn’t call it racing, more like messing with him) and at 95 mph I was waving at him to punch it (we were side by side on a lake) and he didn’t… so I did and it lifted the skis about 3’ in the air and took off like I had a rocket booster attached to it. I mean its literally like racing a 340 against a 800 from a dead stop. I am flying at 140mph before I even know it, with my eyes watering behind my goggles giggling like a school girl. UN-FREAKING-BELEIVABLE. You could charge admission to ride this sled and never have an upset customer. Here is your chance to own the fastest sled on snow for half price of new! I will assist new owner with any issues on install, this is complete minus the exceptions already noted and flat out works. (Recommend getting the boost it kit for fuel control as a package and I would discount for both). If the user doesn’t want the Boost-it kit I have another CPR IC set up to work with out the welded in aux fuel injectors. You could use the Motec EFI system for even more tuning and create a wicked sled. Includes Boss seat

Turbo kit with boost it $6K and $8k with motec PnP unit.

Make offers if you don't like price. Thanks

2018-03-22%2019.04.20.jpg

2018-03-22%2019.04.43.jpg

2018-03-22%2019.05.02.jpg

Gauges and bars could be seperate for complete bolt on. Also have CR racing hood. Lots to choose from.

2018-03-22%2019.03.45.jpg

Premium Features