• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Go to Barrett Jackson auction or stay here and ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I can't decide which to do...My friend is selling his 57 Chevy Convertible at Barrett Jackson and using my enclosed trailer to haul it. Should I go down with him or stay here and ride. I am torn, because 1st. I am an old hot rodder that likes to build/own/race cars, trucks and sleds and would be hauled off by security the first day for drooling on cars I will never own. 2nd, I have had family visiting us here in the U.P and haven't rode yet. (I know, that is not like me). I have already missed good snow, but the best is hopefully to come. 3rd, If he sells it I would be tempted to fill my trailer with another project and my wife is fussing about my latest unfinished (Pro-charged old corvette) project.....4th we would be gone for two weeks down south.
HELP!

Last edited:

dragonflats

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
st. james mn
Your forum name is praying 4 snow the u.p has great snow prayers answered décision is simple

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I think your right. I added up my expenses for this trip and for two weeks of hotels, 3 meals a day on the road and what ever I think I couldn't live without at Jackson. That would be cutting into my riding money Lol. It just stinks that the 12 years I lived in Alaska, I always wanted to go to Barrett Jackson and now I can but would rather stay and ride....

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
For how much snow we have been hammered with I would tell her you are going down state but stay here and ride, just crash at a buddies house for 2 weeks LOL!!!

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Well, I didn't go. I loaded up his car in my trailer and watched him drive off at -22. I wonder what the weather will be like down in AZ. It says it should be nice here this weekend. Thinking of taking my sled to around South Range on Saturday. If you see a lone stuck guy hung up in a tree on an RMK it might be me thinking about Cactus and tumbleweeds....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features