• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3" flex edge track?

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Is there such thing as a 3" flex edge track? If so can it be installed on an XM using the stock drivers? Anyone tried one? Thanks for any feed back!

wileybird

Premium Member
Feb 20, 2011
By far the best mod you can do other than clutch kit or suspension! Did a 3" 162 on my xm last year and that thing just goes. I have 7 tooth drivers as well. And yes the 3" tracks are a 3.0 pitch not a 2.86 like stock. My cousin has a 156 3" on his and he hung right with a guy on a older turbo arctic cat. I called tracks USA on top of the hill that day n ordered a 3" for my sled. Depending on if your a 162 or 156 but on the 162 you have to get the arctic cat drivers (power claw) for the 162 track! Unless you wanna cut all those rubber nubs off!

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Thanks Wiley, did you notice a difference without the flex edge? Or did you break the fibreglass rods and make your own flex edge.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Thanks Wiley, did you notice a difference without the flex edge? Or did you break the fibreglass rods and make your own flex edge.

He most likely used the track breaking tool that Between The Lines Designs builds... Which gives you the result of the flex edge track Skidoo builds.

I did the same on my 14 with the 3" 162, broke the edges so far it feels really good, got about 175 miles on the track so far this year.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
He most likely used the track breaking tool that Between The Lines Designs builds... Which gives you the result of the flex edge track Skidoo builds.

I did the same on my 14 with the 3" 162, broke the edges so far it feels really good, got about 175 miles on the track so far this year.

Just to clarify, drilling the rod will allow" one " hinge point, not the same a a doo track without the rod, also with the huge beam[the 3 inch paddle ] supporting the belt portion of the track, I would like to see it really bend? Yes I,m pretty skeptical that the force over the length of the track will bend those 3 inch paddles.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Just curious if anyone else noticed,that putting a 3 inch on, made it initially harder to roll up? My 13 pro had a 156 3 inch on it last year and my wife hated it. She was riding a 12 pro. She would rather ride hers. Seems like it might have, to me, but didn't bother me. Curious what it does to the xm. I will be leaving the stock track on my xm until I find out.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Just curious if anyone else noticed,that putting a 3 inch on, made it initially harder to roll up? My 13 pro had a 156 3 inch on it last year and my wife hated it. She was riding a 12 pro. She would rather ride hers. Seems like it might have, to me, but didn't bother me. Curious what it does to the xm. I will be leaving the stock track on my xm until I find out.

i can see that. The 3 inch hooks up and she probably was easy on the flipper , if she didnt spin the track it is harder to set an edge, Simple physics. especially going from a Poo track that does nothin but spin and spin and spin, soft paddles, The 3 inch for for the serious skilled agressive powder rider, You will get yourself in situations where no one else can get to you !!!Lol love it

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Put an X3 track on my 13 Pro and LOVED it. I thought it handled better too, not sure why. I want to put 3" tracks on my XMs but I think the 2.5" Flex Edge is the best 2.5" track made. It performs like a deeper lug track and I think it's the most important part of the XM handling improvements on the XP. I don't like the idea of breaking the rods in the track. Seems like those sharp pieces of fiberglass are going to do some damage eventually. If they make a 3" Flex Edge I would be putting it on my XM and maybe another brand of sled to boot.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Put an X3 track on my 13 Pro and LOVED it. I thought it handled better too, not sure why. I want to put 3" tracks on my XMs but I think the 2.5" Flex Edge is the best 2.5" track made. It performs like a deeper lug track and I think it's the most important part of the XM handling improvements on the XP. I don't like the idea of breaking the rods in the track. Seems like those sharp pieces of fiberglass are going to do some damage eventually. If they make a 3" Flex Edge I would be putting it on my XM and maybe another brand of sled to boot.

you really dont need a 3 inch as long as no one else in thr group has one:face-icon-small-coo Just sayin lol

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
3 in. on the 13 pro needed geared down, which you couldn't do with their belt drive, because there was a lot of clutch that wasn't getting used. Are you guys gearing the xm down?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
3 in. on the 13 pro needed geared down, which you couldn't do with their belt drive, because there was a lot of clutch that wasn't getting used. Are you guys gearing the xm down?

I run 2.4 ratio on the Doo and the 7 tooths for the 156X3, I,m at a solid 1-1 ratio on a climb. marks Aprox 1/2 inch from top of primary after a days ride. Top speed with that ratio reported from Sledrock If I recall was about 75-78 mph , Not sure if I remembered that correctly?, however I never ride over 50ish on trail in anyways. climbing speed is 55-60ish. yes they need geared down ,,,

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
My 13 pro was an inch and a quarter I'll bet.

I know The Poo,s are Very high geared, However top speeds are second to none. 3C belt drive and you can pick your gear ratio.. I understood they would offer a change of both bottom and top gear to have belt fit on the Poo for a ratio change?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Sold it and bought an xm. Might put a belt drive on it. I would have liked to gear the pro down but it just sucks to buy a belt drive when you already paid $11,500 for the first one.

Premium Features