• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mounting light weight battery & e start any advice?

S
Nov 26, 2010
Hi;

About to take my old 08 e start that I had put on my 2012 and install on my new 2013 XM. I see light weight Shoria battery will sit in different, was hoping to use same starter relay module. Notice from parts fish it's different for 13. I don't see a second plug in relay under dash like last years to install. Looks like no wire to cut near battery ether this year.... Expecting to use new wire harness to control starter solinode relay.... Starter and bendixs looks the same... Any heads up would be great.......

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
I recently installed e-start on my REV with a Shorai LFX-24L3--360 cranking. First time out at -16F the sled finally started after 4 hits on the starter--started fine the rest of the day. Next day at -10F, DEAD. Would not turn over even at +35F
Shorai sez cold weather is a problem. We sent it back for a refund and installed the OEM. 3.5 lbs is sure inviting--maybe good in Spring temps but $249.99 is a reach for part time use.

BCB

S
Nov 26, 2010
Hi;
I had this battery for the last season in my 2012 E-tec engine, I think same as yours. It worked fine in all temperatures up to minus 10 or more. Cranking for e-tec engine much more then for a Rev engine for sure. The one thing about these light wight batteries is that if not used every day that you must introduce a draw to them to activate the electrons and revive. I use to allow my head lights to run for up to 20 seconds and then you would get get proper performance. So far so good for me, will report after second season....

Premium Features