• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XM.. Great Sled!

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Finally got some DEEP powder time on the new XM..

This sled floats like mad! It is not a big power-house but the track makes this sled climb like cazy!!

Very happy with the entire sled.. handles great, clutching is OK.. Will work on that....
Overall. much better than expected...

At the end of the ride, I lost all head lights, but everything else is still onand working... Not sure what happened there.. Hopefully there is a"headlight only" fuse stashed somewhere..

Anyway, the new XM is the real deal.. Had it up with our other sleds so we had some very good and realistic comparisions between all 3 new sleds..

Can't wait to get this one Big Bored!!

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Good to here you decided to get a XM.

How is the big bore coming any way Kelsey?

I know our XM's have been great so far, talk to ya some time here soon, David

SkiDooHoser

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Driggs, Idaho
Road mine today in Island Park. Worked great! Needs some clutching. Want/need mine to engage "stronger" when coming downhill. Saw 40mph dropping a big chute today. That gets a little scary!

Kick a$$ sled

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
You mentioned that there were other sleds to compare to what were they and what were your thoughts
The 2 other 2013 (Doo and Polaris) are also mine.. Rode each one equally and compared..

ALL 3 good sleds.. My Pro is modded but the Cat is stock... there were other stock sleds there (XPs and Pros)

Again, in the steep and deep, all 3 work great...

Nobody should be complaining about ANY of the 3 sleds.. All great, all winners..

T

Trixter99

Jan 24, 2012
Way up over here
Rode mine today in hassler it is unbelievable in the deep,snow on the hill and on the flat I can't wait to see how it works once the breaking period is over. The front bumper however is made of tinfoil and is by no meens what you would call a bumper more like a moulding.

Last edited:

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The 2 other 2013 (Doo and Polaris) are also mine.. Rode each one equally and compared..

ALL 3 good sleds.. My Pro is modded but the Cat is stock... there were other stock sleds there (XPs and Pros)

Again, in the steep and deep, all 3 work great...

Nobody should be complaining about ANY of the 3 sleds.. All great, all winners..

Which sled climbed the best in stock form?

Idahodoo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Pocatello Idaho
www.jcscutomvents.com
Rode mine today in hassler it is unbelievable in the deep,snow on the hill and on the flat I can't wait to see how it works once the breaking period is over. The front bumper however is made of tinfoil and is by no meens what you would call a bumper more like a moulding.

Yes I agree on the front bumper I bought a raw aluminum
gaby8u9a.jpg
front & rear bumper from JT and I'm getting powder coated blue when I took the front bumper of it weighed 8 ounces. Wow :eek:

A
Oct 31, 2011
Coeur d Alene Idaho
Finally got some DEEP powder time on the new XM..

This sled floats like mad! It is not a big power-house but the track makes this sled climb like cazy!!

Very happy with the entire sled.. handles great, clutching is OK.. Will work on that....
Overall. much better than expected...

At the end of the ride, I lost all head lights, but everything else is still onand working... Not sure what happened there.. Hopefully there is a"headlight only" fuse stashed somewhere..

Anyway, the new XM is the real deal.. Had it up with our other sleds so we had some very good and realistic comparisions between all 3 new sleds..

Can't wait to get this one Big Bored!!

I think the headlights are on recall or something. I heard rumor or something about that. Dont quote me tho im not sure.

T

Trixter99

Jan 24, 2012
Way up over here
Yes I agree on the front bumper I bought a raw aluminum
gaby8u9a.jpg
front & rear bumper from JT and I'm getting powder coated blue when I took the front bumper of it weighed 8 ounces. Wow :eek:

I'm worried about putting a stronger bumper on and bending the mounting points and I think that is worse than just replacing the ****ty bumper more often.

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
Yeah, the bumper mounting points (one 4mm(ish?) bolt on each end) seem a little lacking and the OEM bumper is somewhat minimal but I'm guessing it's designed to absorb the impact as opposed to transferring the impact into the important stuff behind the bumper.

br7l32

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Are you sure you didn't lose hot grips and gauges as well? Just had that happen to me on my 600 and it was a relay that goes bad quite often. If you did lose them all the relay is on the right side.

Premium Features