• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Ski Doo Summit 154" weight!

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
We weighted the 2013 Ski Doo Summit XM 154" today, this was the demo/prototype edition. But from what I know is that the only difference between this and the production, is that this has holes in its track, but the production sled dont.

Sled is full of fuel, full of coolant, but 3/4 full of oil. It then weighted 250kg, 8kg more than my 2013 Rmk Assault. More sleds will be weighted next week when the new Pro Rmk's arrive.

This is in kilograms, and the weight is 250kg.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
at 550 163 hp,XM will be highmark king this winter.

You should compare the Summit with the Pro Rmk, not the Assault Rmk.

2013 PRO 155" is 438 lbs wet without fuel. Fuel tank is 43liters, fuel weights 0.74kg a liter. That means it's around 32kg of fuel in a full gas tank. 32kg is 70.5 lbs.

Ready to ride 2013 Pro Rmk 155" is then 508.5lbs. The Pro Rmk is at 150hp.

Pro Rmk: 150/508.5, equals 0.29hp for each lbs.

Summit: 163/550, equals 0.29hp for each lbs.

It all comes down to chassie and geometry, and it's a little early to call the winner before the season starts.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Looks like 40-50lbs more than a similarly RTR Pro. Boy they feel light on the snow. When I grab a 50lb dumbell I think "man I should be able to feel the difference between the Pro and the XM" but I couldn't. Have both in the motor pool for this year so we shall see.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
somebody on here dyno'd several pros at 139 hp?

So where is it that you think the extra hp is being wasted in the Doo, clutch, track, power to weight, weight transfer ? It must be getting lost somewhere cause they only win in certain aspects by a very small margin, and in other aspects the Cat and Poo are clearly dominating,.... I mean , except for your keyboard.
Maybe the gimmickry will help in 2013.

D

dropitbuster

Nov 28, 2007
Terrace B.C.
This whole weight thing is blown out of proportion. Yes the Polaris is lighter. Yes the Ski-doo has more horsepower. Will one beat the other? Depending on conditions and rider skill it could go either way and I bet the difference wouldn't be that much. Who knows maybe the Pro-climb might be the dark horse this year. Yes it's interesting to see what each sled weighs but will it determine which sled is the best? I don't think so.

Is the T-motion & flex track a gimmick? Check back in 5 years and see if they're still around.

Ride all 3 brands. Decide for yourself what works for you, for your conditions and your style of riding. Not what some guy on the internet, who may not even snowmobile, says is the best.

If someone told me a sled weighed 200 pounds and had 200hp, if I didn't like the way it rode I wouldn't buy it.

JMO

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
I was not trying to bash ski doo or anything by posting these numbers. Its just one of those thing thats interesting to know, and tought you guys would also think so.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
I had the choice to snowcheck either a pro or an xm, I chose an xm because of the etec 800 and fit and finish of the sled. Although I do like how the pro carves the polaris boys are still 10 years behind in final finish of snowmobiles.They should send someone over from the wheeler department to show them how to finish a sled!:) My .02!

D

dropitbuster

Nov 28, 2007
Terrace B.C.
I was not trying to bash ski doo or anything by posting these numbers. Its just one of those thing thats interesting to know, and tought you guys would also think so.

I wasn't knocking your post. It's always interesting to see what the different sleds truly weigh. But then some guy comes on and starts bashing the Ski-doo clutch I don't really find that helpful. My TRA works fine for me.

With the approximately 40 to 50 pound difference in weight between the Pro and XM/Pro-climb (about the same) it makes me wonder where is Polaris losing all this weight? I know the Pro already has a light weight muffler, belt drive drops a few pounds, carbon fiber overstructure, and it's glued together but what else? I think the E-tech is a heavier motor but you'd think that most other common components should weigh about the same.

Though it would be nice for Doo to drop some weight. Then we could beat the Pros by 2 track lengths instead of just one. :face-icon-small-ton

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Dont know where Polaris is dropping their weight. But we weighted a 2012 Pro Rmk 800 tunnel and bulkhead, and that only weighted 23kg! Thats pretty light if you ask!
Anybody know what the ski doo frame weights?

abu9etej.jpg

S
Nov 13, 2009
Alberta
With the approximately 40 to 50 pound difference in weight between the Pro and XM/Pro-climb (about the same) it makes me wonder where is Polaris losing all this weight? I know the Pro already has a light weight muffler, belt drive drops a few pounds, carbon fiber overstructure, and it's glued together but what else? I think the E-tech is a heavier motor but you'd think that most other common components should weigh about the same.

Though it would be nice for Doo to drop some weight. Then we could beat the Pros by 2 track lengths instead of just one. :face-icon-small-ton[/QUOTE]

Motor, exhaust, track, skid, driveline components, a-arms, panels and guages. Its probalbly a little bit from alot of places with the etec mtr and exhaust being the biggest 2.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007

Though it would be nice for Doo to drop some weight. Then we could beat the Pros by 2 track lengths instead of just one. :face-icon-small-ton

Motor, exhaust, track, skid, driveline components, a-arms, panels and guages. Its probalbly a little bit from alot of places with the etec mtr and exhaust being the biggest 2.[/QUOTE]
Doo has missed the boat on the A arms. They are as thick as water pipe and you can drop some serious weight with moly.Not to mention they take out the front end with a hit.Poo A arms are Very light and really no weight loss going to aftermarket.the Poo guys complain about bending them, Something needs to be sacrificed.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Ski-doo runs a wider track with no holes, heavier fuel injection system on and off the motor, heavier muffler, heavier clutch, wider tunnel, etc. Extra weight that is added for performance gains (except muffler) that I like in a sled.

Premium Features