• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How much does a lift for a truck affect a sled deck ramp?

K

KEPT ENT.

Mar 22, 2009
Westlock Alberta
Hey, I am looking at a 5 inch lift for my 2010 dodge diesel but i am worried it will change the angle of my ramp to my sled deck. I currently have a leveling kit and 35's on it. Does anyone have a 5 inch lift on their truck and mind commenting?

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Easy way to tell - get a couple 4x4s and some 2x4s and cut them a couple feet long, then park your truck on top of them... that'll get you 5" taller and you will see first hand how steep your ramp will be. I think it would be do-able with a 12ft ramp personally, but hard to say.

J

Jordo

Nov 3, 2009
Stillwater,MN
I had a 07 Chevy 2500 diesel with 35s and a 6in lift, with a Marathon Sled Deck and it was fine. My buddy has a 11 Ford F350 with 37s on it and 8in lift with a Marathon, and going up was tricky had to make sure it was dug into the snow good and had to be at a perfect speed. But coming down sucked bc the snow flap would always get stuck under the track and suck the tunnel down tight and stop you right now, if not rip off the snow flap. So I would say with ur truck u should be fine.

Thanks for the info. Would anyone have a pic of a lifted truck with ramp out?

Lifted Chev 10' Fat.jpg

Lifted Chev 12' Fat.jpg

Lifted Chev Winch.jpg

The shorter ramp is a 10 ft. telescopic, the longer ramp is a 12 ft. telescopic. The deck surface is 68 inches above the ground

This customer got a 10 ft. telescopic (because of his short box) and got our adjustable winch mounted so he wouldn't have to drive his machines up or down.

If you would like any more information, check our website out at www.truckbossdecks.com or phone us toll free at 866-440-6800

smoking_powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2007
North Dakota
Currently I am running a 2005 GMC short box with a 6" lift and 35" tires with the old style full lotus deck. I wouldn't want the truck to be any higher then I have with the ramp I am currently using.

Premium Features