• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Intake

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
So tonight I was looking at the sled and I found that cat for some reason decided to not even use the PTO side cold air intake. . . The hole is not open to allow it to work. . . Anyone have an idea Why? Initial thoughts come to my mind. . . Sound level from turbo or BOV to high? Maybe a water issue(but frogskins should not allow water in)? I would think that 2-2" intake to holes would be best to keep the airflow to the turbo.

M
Feb 27, 2010
it makes it louder.with the filter inside i don't thinkthere well be water issues.if u were super concerned u could put a round pop in vent in the hole.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
post pictures i'm not around my sled to check it out. if it makes the turbo louder ill do it in a heart beat..:face-icon-small-ton

Take off your hood and look at the area just above the were the filter goes. . . There is a round hole that is not open up to the intake on the dash. . . It is about 2" dia. I am thinking of drilling it to a 1.5" with a wood spade bit that way if I wanted I could cut a round plate to drop in from the top to cover the hole if needed.

it makes it louder.with the filter inside i don't thinkthere well be water issues.if u were super concerned u could put a round pop in vent in the hole.

Sounds good I will likely open that up. The more intake surface area the better and that will double the area. . .

Premium Features