• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FrozenMOTO's next gen track system!

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
FrozenMOTO's next gen track system(s)!(Updated 11/21/2011)

After doing some testing last year me and my new business partner Dan Shanahan have been working on this new design. Its based off are old design only lighter, better on and off trail handling, and durable.

We finally got to trail it out in some powder, 2 to 3 feet on no base dry snow was the very first test.

Here is a couple pics to check out, we are working on are website and it should be done in a few weeks after we get some more media. All comments welcome and enjoy!

Oh and our all new SMX from FrozenMOTO handles like a dream, this is the first true dirtbike track system that still FEELS like a bike. We are really excited to get everyone on our kit to feel the difference.

I would really like to explain how great everything worked but there is too much for right now, are website is shaping up nicely and will be updated regularly. I have to say its all in are patent pending split rail technology!

Also it the lowest photo notice the adjustable approach angle, yet thats right, we have the best approach angle in the industry at this point, at it can be changed to suite riding styles and conditions.

Ok guys, we got to do a nice test today on our narrow track system, this system is exactly the same only it has a 10" wide track as opposed to the 12" track.

Well to start with I had high hopes but with the lack of 2" of track figured we would be doing alot more digging.

To put it plainly I was wrong, it just kept going and going, turned on a dime and was incredibly fast on the packed snow, actually there was almost undetectable drag do to the track system!

Last edited:
T
Nov 13, 2008
frozen moto

that looks awesome guys ...i love the approach angle i cant wail to see how it does .get your web site up wud love to check out the specs :face-icon-small-hap

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
that looks awesome guys ...i love the approach angle i cant wail to see how it does .get your web site up wud love to check out the specs :face-icon-small-hap

No problem, Dan and I have been working hard on this since last spring. We will be adding a bunch of pics and vids to the site as soon as its up. You guys probably wont believe how well our kit floats, to be honest it surprised me a little bit.

I should be finishing up the narrow track today and heading to the mountain tomorrow I will post pics of that trip as well.

Oh and a couple quick specs for you.
121x12x1.75 camoplast track
10.5" of TRUE TRAVEL in the front of the skid(this is not exaggerated like many companies do)
Around 16" of TRUE TRAVEL in the rear(this is were most companies make there travel claims)
FUN, FUN, FUN, did I mention of fun it is to ride, we are so pumped about our kit and getting everyone on one.

T
Nov 13, 2008
Frozen moto

Hey thanx for the reply ...we have a big group of guys that ride snowbikes ..wud love to tru it out if your ever aroud south east idaho I cud makeit worth your while ..i am very interested in buying one when you get them on the market ...and what are you thinking for a price ? 2 moto and timbersled are out of line on there price ....thanx ...travis

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
Hey thanx for the reply ...we have a big group of guys that ride snowbikes ..wud love to tru it out if your ever aroud south east idaho I cud makeit worth your while ..i am very interested in buying one when you get them on the market ...and what are you thinking for a price ? 2 moto and timbersled are out of line on there price ....thanx ...travis

We will defiantly be having some demos down in your area at some point, these will be listed on the site when its up.

As for price we will be in the $5000 range, these kits are built with the best of everything that we could put on them minus any upgrades and when it comes down to our margin we dont feel like we are pricing to high. Especially when a new sled cost 12k to 15k.

Even if you think the price is to high we urge you to demo one. You may be surprised!

B
Nov 23, 2008
Emerald Valley
*thumbs up*

That kit looks kinda promising. This design looks much more nimble than the land yacht design of the timbersleds. I'm looking forward to checking one out. When is it going to be possible??

A
Dec 5, 2008
That kit looks kinda promising. This design looks much more nimble than the land yacht design of the timbersleds. I'm looking forward to checking one out. When is it going to be possible??

LMFAO... Have you been on a Mountain Horse? Land Yacht? in comparison to what? I would love to see someone progress the snow bike design further than what Timbersled has already done. Lets see some Video of this Kit, I want to see that suspension in action,..... some climbing, everything a new customer/snow bike enthusiast wants to see.

Ps Shred the Horse U Bizcuit!

Last edited:

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
I think this design is going to be a winner. The t.sleds are enormous, hence it's inability to go fast.

not saying anything negitive, I think all kits are frickin awesome, just wanted to point out both kits have the same length track, so they both are "about" the same length, one just has less aluminum on the back than the other, maybe weighing a few pounds.:face-icon-small-ton

randy, the kit looks awesome! love the front spindle and the anodizing, cool color choice

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
I just finished the narrow track kit today and we went out to ride it, had to pick up a bolt at the hardware store to finish off the jackshaft. Which happens to be a really bad time to find out the hardware store is closed on sunday. Looks like the maiden voyage of the narrow track with be tomorrow, expect pics and if you like the colors on the wide track wait until you see the narrow track system.

As far as riding one it will be at least a few weeks, we are waiting for are custom shocks from fox racing, they are valved and setup correctly for what we are doing, the current fox floats are not up to par for our design.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Yacht club.

COUCH riders just jealous since their Twoski's need a zip code to reside in compared to possibly three of these Oneski machines in the back of a F150.

At least their keeping our Oneski sections up on top, the news of the day over there, "what should I get, the new Doo, Poo, or Yami?"

Keep up the progress, soon you'll need covered mooring!:boxing:

Nice update on the latest kit, the market's bursting for whats next, you to tomk.

Last edited:
A
Dec 5, 2008
I think this design is going to be a winner. The t.sleds are enormous, hence it's inability to go fast.

Or maybe its geared for the Mountains? Hence the name Mountain Horse, not really fast trail horse. lol. Anyone who is into snow biking wants to see the next best thing on the snow, no matter who is bringing it to the table. If you wanted more top end out of the Mountain horse.... its all in the gearing, but for where I ride....(in the Mountains) the setup has proven itself to be the leader of the pack. I think Frozen Moto needs those Videos, that will help to develop the most interest. We have seen the pictures. Lets see the Action.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Randy what kind of suspension travel is left when the approach angle is as shallow as shown in the last picture? Your kit looks awesome it seems to address all of the issues I have with my mountain horse kit but it also raises some possible issues to. I can't wait to take a look at one up close. I will be wanting to hook up with you guys this winter to get a good comparison between the two.

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
Randy what kind of suspension travel is left when the approach angle is as shallow as shown in the last picture? Your kit looks awesome it seems to address all of the issues I have with my mountain horse kit but it also raises some possible issues to. I can't wait to take a look at one up close. I will be wanting to hook up with you guys this winter to get a good comparison between the two.

In the pick its about at half travel, but realistically that is still equal to the full travel of any other kits. Basically when you sit on the bike it lowers about 2 to 4 inches depending on the air in the shock. But the idea is in the deeeeep snow you dont really use all the suspension anyway the snow does most of it. Then on the trail and track the suspension is pumped up and give you a true moto type of jumping and rough riding ability.

We actually just got the first test on the NARROW track we will be offering and it exceeded every expectation that had been put on it. Turns great, I even had a Gen II on it. Jumps smooth, and just straight up moves fast under little power on the trail. All the things this system was designed for works as planned. We are still however working with fox racing on different shock setups to dial in the suspension

As for videos you can expect at least a few decent ones shortly after thanksgiving as we have a shoot planned.

Oh and I will get those pics from todays ride up later this evening!

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
Randy, it's all looking very good! I hope to be able to ride one this winter, but I doubt I'll be able to get away to Idaho this winter. Any chance you'll be coming to BC at all? If you do plan on coming, be sure to look me up. I've got lots of spare space at home to sleep.

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
Randy, it's all looking very good! I hope to be able to ride one this winter, but I doubt I'll be able to get away to Idaho this winter. Any chance you'll be coming to BC at all? If you do plan on coming, be sure to look me up. I've got lots of spare space at home to sleep.

I think we are going to make at least one trip up north. If so I will contact you about it. Thanks for your interest!

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
Looks great Randy.. I would say the wait was worth it!
cant wait to try one out...

Glad you like it and we hope that everyone agrees that the wait was worth it!

Im really excited to start having demos and get are website up. We have plenty of content we are just waiting for the web developer now.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Randy do you do quite a bit of ridding out of Pierce? I grew up in Pierce and know all that country very well, I am a little surprised you drove all the way there when Freeze out is so much closer. How did the gen 2 due? Myself and a friend bought a set of gen 2's and will be running them this year in the powder. We have some modding to do to them before they are ready to go though, did you move the skags to the outside edges?

Premium Features