• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Midwesterners like the M1100 Turbo

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
So I was messing around tonight and I added a custom filtering box to the New Sled Tracker (you can find it next to the manufacturer checkboxes). I put in "M 1100" into the filter box (without the quotes), and hit searched and low and behold, almost all of the M1100Ts were in the midwest. I put "M 800" into the filter box (without the quotes of course) and hit filter and most of those were out in the mountains. Not sure what that says about mountain folk versus flatlanders, but it certainly is interesting.

For those of you who haven't see the New Sled Tracker you can find it here:
http://newsledtracker.appspot.com/

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I think it says that a midwesterner like you and I want a sled that is fast here in MN and will have the hp for the trips out west. We do not worry about the extra weight as much. I think alot of guys out west have a aftermarket turbo in mind as well for the 800.

For me reliabilty is number 1, Then hp. and I can get both with the 1100t.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I think it says that a midwesterner like you and I want a sled that is fast here in MN and will have the hp for the trips out west. We do not worry about the extra weight as much. I think alot of guys out west have a aftermarket turbo in mind as well for the 800.

Yeah, that was along the lines of my thinking too. It's interesting to see that there's quite a few other people who think that way as well.

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
I think it says that a midwesterner like you and I want a sled that is fast here in MN and will have the hp for the trips out west.

Bingo.
and not have to regear/clutch, ect. The time to get out there, travel time, i want a sled to pull the cord(turn the key). i am willing to sacrafice some things for having relialbility and not having to tune. He look something good that came with age, being able afford the really cool toys.. :face-icon-small-ton

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Not a very accurate map, not enough information, I am listed in Iowa because of dealer location but live in Utah fulltime and sled will never see light of day in Iowa, yes my dealer is in Iowa:becky:

so there are plenty of folks that buy out of state but that question is not asked

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Not a very accurate map, not enough information, I am listed in Iowa because of dealer location but live in Utah fulltime and sled will never see light of day in Iowa, yes my dealer is in Iowa:becky:

so there are plenty of folks that buy out of state but that question is not asked

I could add a field so that you specify riding location versus dealer location. I would venture to guess that buying a sled drastically far away from where you ride it isn't typical though, but I could be wrong.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I could add a field so that you specify riding location versus dealer location. I would venture to guess that buying a sled drastically far away from where you ride it isn't typical though, but I could be wrong.

But many buy out of state

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
My sled M1100T yes shows Duluth MN but will mostly be ridden out west as I have a Crossfire for home in the flatlands

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO

I live in CO & have only bought 1/3 of my new sleds in this state. What I'm looking for is rarely sitting on a floor, so I have to search usually. (perhaps not fitting for someone ordering, but for me I seem to rarely get something local.)

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Comming off a Mod. 1000 King Cat and

a couple stock M-sleds. I'm ready for a quieter but capable climber an extra 50 or 60 lbs will be OK. It's time to settle down and just ride and ride and ride.

Owen

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Yep, that might be true alright.

Like Owen I am looking for a nicely powered sled with reliability and decent weight. The 1100T seems to fit that category very nicely.........

For those who are interested in one, who didn't snowcheck one, good luck in finding one this fall.....

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN

Like Owen I am looking for a nicely powered sled with reliability and decent weight. The 1100T seems to fit that category very nicely.........

For those who are interested in one, who didn't snowcheck one, good luck in finding one this fall.....[/QUOTE]

Jeff, What do you know? When you think your sled will show up at the dealer. I know you have insider knowledge. I ordered one, but i honestly was hoping to talk my father in law into buying a 1100 turbo for a second sled. He has always been polaris but I think after riding my 4 stroke he will like it.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN

For those who are interested in one, who didn't snowcheck one, good luck in finding one this fall.....[/QUOTE]

Jeff, What do you know? When you think your sled will show up at the dealer. I know you have insider knowledge. I ordered one, but i honestly was hoping to talk my father in law into buying a 1100 turbo for a second sled. He has always been polaris but I think after riding my 4 stroke he will like it.

DEmand for the 1100 motor was much higher than Cat expected. All Snowcheck orders will be filled. Dealers will have less 1100 sleds for inventory. Not sure how many less.............

I think my sled will show up in late September, if I had to guess.....

That's fine with me, gives me a few more weeks to save my money.........

Realistically we dont get to riding around here until mid December anyway......

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
DEmand for the 1100 motor was much higher than Cat expected. All Snowcheck orders will be filled. Dealers will have less 1100 sleds for inventory. Not sure how many less.............

I think my sled will show up in late September, if I had to guess.....

That's fine with me, gives me a few more weeks to save my money.........

Realistically we dont get to riding around here until mid December anyway......

I agree, I wish it was here but hopefully if i pick it up after haydays I can pay cash for it.

Premium Features