• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

lame sticky...

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
This happens with every new chassis....little too close to home for mmsports so he gets to preach his gospel then lock it down?

I thought this was a 4M not a 1M?

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
mmsports doesnt speak up very often....

when he does it is usually worth listening too.
FACT....he is the mod. that makes home the boss...kinda. it isn't just another bored flatlander who has nothing better to do than watch what little snow thats left melt, and waste all day surfing sw on their phone while they are supposed to be the working :eek:

he is saying what many have said...stop acting like little girls. talk about the new sleds but do so productively. all the whining just leads to THE STUPIDEST arguments, brand bashing, alot of unnecessary red thumbs down, and grown men acting like mensturating women(no offense to you girls,its just an analogy...and you know its true)

golf clap for mmsports. fist bump. boom.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
if you want to have the largest sled forum on the planet,you cant enforce to many rules.but go ahead and delete all helmet cam videos.they give me a headache watching them.

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
i made a post earlier that said the new cats are just like the 900rmk. 50th anniversary sled, new chassis, and CURSED. Congratulations to the brand loyalists that are brave enough to spend $12k without riding it.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
i made a post earlier that said the new cats are just like the 900rmk. 50th anniversary sled, new chassis, and CURSED. Congratulations to the brand loyalists that are brave enough to spend $12k without riding it.

A touch over the top??

I'm not running to put my money down, but pretty sure there's a couple very tested motors that are in the new sleds... comparing it to the poo 900 seems pretty off.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Boy, making a comparison to a 900 RMK is the biggest insult you can make to a sled. Worse than a Doo 1000. Worse than a Poo D8. Worse than Yam RX-1. Worse than,... worse than,... Worse than anything!!!
Kudos to you jhurcot. Best right jab you can make. And, kudos for the fight for freedom of speech too, LOL.
That's the thing about the internet, it can be all BS but you have to read through it to get to some interesting stuff. And , if you read it that way ( which most do) It is entertaining too.

If we take a deep breath and start again, the 2012 Pro-climb ain't that bad (and AC probably knows that and decided to save a million bucks on the launch with demos and stuff because they believe in their 5 yr plan).

Non BS stuff we know (even without a demo ride):

-best in the industry motors capable of high output stock and dependability in higher than stock output
- more lighter (std M8 is listed 5 lbs less than last year without leaving out wheels, coolers or making suspention arms and bumpers on the edge of breakable
- more stronger (chassis is made to take the extra 80-90 lbs of a 4 strk for the next 5 yrs)
- more rigider LOL ( finally triangulated with improvements over other offerings ie: double wall tapered tunnel, 30 degree mounting of a-arms will prove to be stronger
- best belt alignment possible (No more floating secondary kits, mis-aligning of the engine to hope for proper alignment under load, or shiming the engine after the motor mounts sag. Just a `Ronco` style `set-it and forget-it`system.) and a bigger ( read more efficient) secondary and a much longer center to center (read cooler belt because angles are less and contact time with sheaves is less)
- being able to gear for altitude again is a big plus for me cause i know how much performance i lost at 5000` when they geared the M8`s down in `10.
-narrower body work and the least drag possible from a pair of a-arms for a better powder sled
-more complete weight transfer and a shorter sled by moving the skid forward

There`s more too, but for me that was enough to make an intelligent decision (even without a demo) to purchase no matter what someone else thinks, Thank-you very much.
Remember though opinions are like clutch set-ups and a**- holes, everyone has one.

Just to keep the BS of internet going, one more big plus is they are the best looking sleds on the snow LOL.é

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
UFO 's

I am really enjoying the UFO thread. So much in fact, it seems I have brought it over here. In actuality, I am predicting another 3-4 weeks of speculation and internet cowboy talk. Then spring riding will be winding down and people will forget about it for a while. Then it will snow in October and people will be wondering if others have received their sleds and if they have had a chance to ride them on the 1 ft snowpack. Then someone will give a review that says they only could stick to the trails, but the sled felt "zippy" and "more powerful than last years". Then it will snow some more and the majority of the people will give their "honest" reviews. Then there will be a poll on how many people are happy with their purchase. The poll will probably reveal most people are happy, but there might be a few people that aren't.:face-icon-small-sho
Then there will be some videos that come out. Then....ah crap, you guys know the drill right? Of course I am leaving out the handful of reviews from the elitists out there that have already rode them. (That's right GlennRMK, I mean you):face-icon-small-win

Premium Features