• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ski boots stuck in footwell

N
Dec 7, 2007
I was just wondering if anybody has any advice about how to not get your boots stuck in the foot wells. I have a pro rmk and everybody that has ridden my sled with ski boots, both downhill and A/T have gotten them stuck. luckly i haven't been stuck in them at a bad time, but...

N
Dec 7, 2007
thats the problem i'm giving up the board, thats actually what i started on first, but then have found too many benefits to skiing while patrolling that its hard not to ski

V
Jul 13, 2009
western washington
I've had to make a mental note to ride with my boots out of the footwell, knee on seat. Keeps me up and mobile on the sled. My Dynafits will get stuck in mine. Or ride standing up, my sled feels better with weight back a bit anyways. I've managed to get leather mountaineering boots stuck on one side once, that was thrilling!

D
Jan 30, 2010
Sac
I have a 2010 Dragon and I got CRUSHED due to this phenomena. I came across a 15 footer with an uphill landing on downhill that I was "pioneering" so last minute I brapped the throttle so my sled wouldn't lawn dart and when I went to jump off mid air my boots stuck- :face-icon-small-fro

Kapow

Hands off the bars 15' air to uphill landing

video: fast forward to the end

http://vimeo.com/10504427

[vimeo]10504427[/vimeo]

Carbon77

Lifetime Membership
Jun 12, 2008
Yakivegas, WA
So tired of the "time to snowboard" responses.

It must be something with the Polaris boards and way they are designed, I use NEOS overshoes over my full tilts and have an M series and they never get caught.

On longer trips I bring a spare backpack and throw my full tilts in them, strap them to the tunnel and use my normal snowmobiling boots, might be the ticket for you?

N
Dec 7, 2007
So tired of the "time to snowboard" responses.

It must be something with the Polaris boards and way they are designed, I use NEOS overshoes over my full tilts and have an M series and they never get caught.

On longer trips I bring a spare backpack and throw my full tilts in them, strap them to the tunnel and use my normal snowmobiling boots, might be the ticket for you?

ya, i get it from both ends, when my snowboarding buddies see me skiing i'm a traitor, when i patrol on a board, non-stop heckling, and nicknames like "harp seal" or "wormy dog" so i'm used to it.

As far as wearing snowmobile boots out and packing my ski boots, just a hassle but tolerable, kinda interested in these NEOS things you mentioned, but they look bulky and maybe too soft to stop a boot from getting stuck, how well do they work?

Carbon77

Lifetime Membership
Jun 12, 2008
Yakivegas, WA
ya, i get it from both ends, when my snowboarding buddies see me skiing i'm a traitor, when i patrol on a board, non-stop heckling, and nicknames like "harp seal" or "wormy dog" so i'm used to it.

As far as wearing snowmobile boots out and packing my ski boots, just a hassle but tolerable, kinda interested in these NEOS things you mentioned, but they look bulky and maybe too soft to stop a boot from getting stuck, how well do they work?

I'm like you, I just have come to deal with the fact that there is no medium between the two.

http://www.overshoesonline.com/vis1/NEOS-Villager-Overshoe.htm

Thats what I have, I wear a 318mm boot and they fit over those just fine in XXL. They have just a soft bottom on them, so the sides have gotten torn up by my boards, but they are easy and compact to fold away anywhere so it works for me.

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
On my 2009 Dragon i bashed in the black tubes that they get caught under that helped. Switched to an M1000 no problems with that one.

Carbon77

Lifetime Membership
Jun 12, 2008
Yakivegas, WA
Have you thought maybe there's a reason you hear that??? :D

sleds hate ski boots... it's a fact, I talked to one & it told me.

I like skiing at resort, but in the bc... board only, mostly because of the boots.
Different strokes. Maybe if you just hop off the sled and ride down, but most of the stuff we access requires further hiking/traversing which even my friends on splitboards can't do or keep up with.

I think the M series is a bit better for ski boots. I've never caught mine. I remember getting my boots caught a couple times on my old 02 RMK 800. Nothing serious, but it could have been.

I've just learned to ride and deal with ski boots and some day might use some overboots. I've only gone sledding like 2-3 times ever without ski boots. Man is it easy to ride without ski boots!

My freeride 120's are completely shot from sledding, need new ones. My dream setup would be a set of AT boots and a set of resort freeride boots. Then on sled missions use the AT boots.

N
Apr 8, 2010
Newcastle, WA
Different strokes. Maybe if you just hop off the sled and ride down, but most of the stuff we access requires further hiking/traversing which even my friends on splitboards can't do or keep up with.

BS ******* NOBODY LIKES THE TUNA HERE

You can't talk crap about me and mwa not keeping up when we had no skins or poles, that's just not right :llama:

M
Jan 6, 2011
Whistler
I'm like you, I just have come to deal with the fact that there is no medium between the two.

http://www.overshoesonline.com/vis1/NEOS-Villager-Overshoe.htm

Thats what I have, I wear a 318mm boot and they fit over those just fine in XXL. They have just a soft bottom on them, so the sides have gotten torn up by my boards, but they are easy and compact to fold away anywhere so it works for me.

Do you think the XXLs would fit a 349mm sole? It's only 3cm more but if they're already stretched maybe 318 is the limit.

I have both of the issues talked about here... Boots getting stuck in the footwells and lack of grip. I have a 2010 Dragon and have considered bashing in the bars above the footwells. I've also thought about getting aftermarket running boards since the stock ones can feel like a skating rink even when you think you've cleared all the snow.

And I've removed the toe buckle from my BD Factors because it seems to be what catches when I get a foot really stuck.

So how well do these overshoes work for grip?

Anyone have any other suggestions?

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I have been riding with ski boots for 4 years....love the ankle support and protection but honestly getting rid of them. I have been drug along side my sled because of them. Best bet is to get a semi supportive boot like the Stompers. Still has decent protection but not the iron clad of a ski boot. Allows you to get out. As for this thread generating the "go boarding" talk you posted it in "snow boarding":face-icon-small-fro

Premium Features