• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Noboarding

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Some dudes in our crew have them. I've yet to try it, I got enough knee probs though, think I'll keep my feet strapped in together.

HMMM.... I was thinking the exact opposite. When I used to wakeboard & blew my knees I could still wakeskate, I figured I'd try noboarding this year just because of that.

R
Nov 8, 2009
Vancouver BC
I'm looking forward to trying it, I have a weak knee aswell and it happens to be the back knee which just kills after a long pow run. I'd like to pick up a fish which should take alot of pressure of that knee.

This guy has a sweet lookin homemade no board I think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0enOXM4zXQk&feature=related

I actually still have my first snowboards in the basement, two Wintersticks.
The 150 round tail plus and the 165 swallowtail plus. I took the 65 out at Baker a few years back. You pretty much had to lean back and pull the nose in the air just to make it move.
The concept is kinda between snowboarding and noboarding, your strapped down with these material bindings and there are little nipples all over the board which give traction so you can still move your feet around.
Anyway just looking forward to some fun this year. Hit Brohm Ridge yesterday, broke in the engine on my wife's sled, it's still needs a few feet but the snow is getting there.

It's on, and I"m stoked!

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
I'm just thinking that I'd get thrown off step weird, plant my leg, and twist. In the PacNW snow sets up like concrete and you can post a leg into it and not necessarlly get it back.

L

Lushbomb

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
PAC NW
www.oneshotproduction.net
the snow surfers are gonna be the next rage.. noboarding is just a regular board without bindings.. drop a surf style shaped piece of wood down and it becomes waaay more like surfing.. need powder.. will slash :)

P
Feb 28, 2008
Castlegar BC
a funny thing... the guy that co-founded the noboarding concept lives not far from me, and he is together with an ex-girlfriend of mine. now she takes photos and gets some of them published in transworld, and she got her name into the credits for "thats it, thats all". the funny thing is that when she and i dated, we lived about 6 hours away from here. small world.

A
Oct 20, 2010
the post hole issue isn't too bad. worse is actually falling on the board and impacting your knee. I bought a sled so i could noboard/snowboard in the backcountry but find myself leaving the board at the truck and rooping all day...

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I actually took my snowboard rack off my sled so my sled could do more lol. I tried noboarding. Didn't like it at all. No security like your feet being strapped in is all I have to say!

Premium Features