• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Phazer Meltdown!!

M

Mean Yamaha

May 3, 2008
Laramie WY
www.Team7220.zxq.net
My wife's 2007 phazer mountain gave up. We bought it two years ago with around 600 miles in it. This year it died with around 1000 miles on it. The motor has a dime size hole right above the starter. Yamaha says that they won't cover it because it is 17 months out of Warranty!!! That is a Crock!! It is completely stock. It has not even been rode hard. I need to know if anyone has had the same problem and what you did about it. Or does anyone have a used motor if Yamaha is going to bail out on this problem.

O
Dec 13, 2009
Stillwater, MN.
Oliver

Yah, I have a 2008 Yamaha Nytro with 2,300 miles on it and it drops a face of a exhaust valve and junks the whole motor. I am 10 months out of warrentee and they told me some times there is just a bad one and I have one of em. I road one year then I put new slides and ware rods on at 2200 miles and this year I put 100 miles on and I need a new motor the repair will cost more than $3,500.00 more than half of the value of the sled. So now all I have is a pile of Yamaha parts and 3 years left on a payment book. Look at the post under (2008 Nytro drops exhaust valve)
I too am pi$$ed.

Premium Features