• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

84 Phazer and DG pipe

T
Apr 17, 2009
Glasgow, MT
I put a DG aftermarket pipe on our 84 Phazer an dnow it seems to fall on its face. Once it is wound up it seems fine till you let off of the gas. Is this a jetting or clutch problem. How about the air screw. Anybody? Thanx.

K3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2010
Portland,Oregon
There is another good thread on yammaha on here all about trick''n out o phazers that will more than answer your needs???? I have 2of 5 phazers w/chrome & black DG, both re-jetted & 1 re-clutched w/121"x11/4 tracks that are "84"& "'88"' that just out run the stock ''84 & 2-"'92"'mountain lite phazers!!! You will love the feel whenyou get it dialed!! hope this helps your feelings!!! l<>l & KLAN !!!!:face-icon-small-ton

T

twincam88

Oct 10, 2009
yorkton sask
start by doing a plug check. take it out and pin it then at the top end hit the kill switch still holding it pinned. walk back to the shop because you forgot the plug wrench. take the plugs out and look at them. report back here. might as well rebuild the xp cause it blew up while you walked past it. joking:face-icon-small-hap

T
Apr 17, 2009
Glasgow, MT
Ok, Here is the setup for 7000 to 8000 feet. I finally baught a can of gunk carb and parts cleaner. I soaked both sides for about 1 hour. Cleaned with a squirt bottle and blew everything out with air. Reasembled with Boysen reeds. The carbs have the nozzle update kit. 3A fuel nozzle, 51.3 Main and 110 pilot. I put new needle and seats in from WPS(allot cheaper). Idle is set at 1600 RPM and fuel screw is out 1 5/8. This thing runs pretty wild, but this is where it has to be with the DG pipe. I also got tired of fighting the airbox and have put UNI Filters on carbs. with Outerwears filter covers. We put a skid extention and a 1 1/4 x 136 under it with a home made type tunnel ext with diamond plate that turned out really nice. This should help someone Thanx:hurt:

T
I HAVE TWO 1984 PHAZERS THE 1ST SLED IS :
SET FOR 5000' 84 PHAZER NEW BLACK PIPE 100 PILOT, 151.3 MAIN, SCREW 1 1/8 SECOND SLED IS SET AS BOUGHT AS:
SET FOR 4000' 84 PHAZER OLD CHROME PIPE 110 PILOT, 142.5 MAIN SCREW 1 1/8
the black pipe is good, the other one on my kids sled is lean on the main. We ride at 5000' ALSO IF YOU CAN FIND ONE THE CLUTCH SPRING IS A BLUE WHITE

I hope this helps Tom............

T
Apr 17, 2009
Glasgow, MT
DG Pipe

Your right, the 110 pilot is proving to be to rich now that it is warm out. I'll try the 100 next. I have a comet cluth. I haven"t messed with that yet. Thanx

S

sledmaniak

Mar 17, 2009
filters on phazer carb

When you put filters on the phazer carbs it screwes the entire fuel metering range up. It essentally does the same thing as pulling the enrichment valve. I wont go as far as to say you cant but you will have to start from scratch. float level will be wrong, pilot jet too big,main jet too big. Way more hassle than it is worth IMO.

Premium Features