• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Reeds D7?

S

super swede

Nov 26, 2007
Is there any replacement petals for the stock cages ?
my sled is hard to start when hot,and the reeds are curled up how mutch
is to mutch some are up 1/32-1/16 would that make it hard to start?
thanks
Jonny

K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
I myself just ordered replacement petals for my D7 Race gas from Boyesen. They make the best reeds for any snowmobile turboed or not, IMO. Unfortunately, they don't offer a full reed block for the 700 CFI, but they do offer 2 choices for replacement petals. One is the standard petal, and the second, which I order, is a special stronger material for higher HP and boosted sleds. Call them direct and tell them what you're riding and what you want, and they'll hook you up. I believe the "Power Reed petals" run $29 a cylinder. The reed blocks they make for other sleds are sweet and definitely the way to go if they make an application for your sled, again, IMO. I have had nothing but bad luck with V-Force and will never buy their products again, but some people seem to swear by them.
As far as how much gap in the petals from the cage goes........NONE. Petals should seal clean against the cage. Heres a test, pull your pipe off and clean up the end of the Y-Pipe. seal that with gorrilla tape and poke a small hole in it. Stick an air hose nozzle in the hole and blow air in (turn down the regulator to 50 PSI or so first). If any air leaks past the reeds into your air box (you should be able to hear it and tell if it is) your reeds are shot. obvioulsy the tape will leak a little as well as the hole around the nozzle but it should be obvious it is getting past the reeds. Also this will tell you if your TB boot is delaminated. I just put up a post about this and it is a common issue with the polaris boot.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Is there any replacement petals for the stock cages ?
my sled is hard to start when hot,and the reeds are curled up how mutch
is to mutch some are up 1/32-1/16 would that make it hard to start?
thanks
Jonny

Shouldnt make much of a starting problem. I have had complete broken reeds and the sled would start fine. You will bog big time at low end. Lucky to get out of someplace if bad enough unless you can open the throttle up WFO.

Premium Features