• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dyno sheet for any brand 800 turbo kit

C

catmanm8

Nov 12, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
Does any one have a REAL dyno sheets for and 800 turbo kits...lots of numbers out there....besides, it would be great to see what kind of power band they have....post any make or brand....might be :brokenheart: lol ...might be :face-icon-small-hap

B

burndown

Nov 26, 2007
Missoula, MT
That would be interesting-especially if we could see some dyno sheets for different turbo kits versus each other. Come on, somebody has to have some. If not, how do we know if the claimed power is true, just guesses?

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
You want to have a 'Big Bore' type of a dyno war with the turbo people on here?:face-icon-small-dis
Don't think that is gonna happen. HMTurbos has a dyno I think, maybe give him a call and see if he will send you one.
What kit(s) do you have? Have you road a turbo two stroke before much?
My guess is the dyno will show a loss in power from stock to about 6000rpm until the boost has reached 4+ pounds of boost then skyrocket straight up from there to well over 200 hp with levels above 10pounds of boost. This is only a guess from what I feel at 6000ft.:face-icon-small-hap

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
^^^^^

yep.

I highly doubt there is more than about a 10% difference in any kit on the same motor pound for pound.

Sounds like you have never rode one. The powerband is just like Mod03 said. A bit less than stock till about 6k then it gets crazy real quick.

None of us ride a dyno so the #'s don't really make any difference. I don't care if its 5 or 500hp as long as its fun.

M
Oct 24, 2009
2010 BD PG with small intercooler more HP from ENGAGEMENT!

Just got my 800 Dragon back with the latest BD turbo kit, including EBC and small intercooler, and my seat of the pants experience is more horsepower right from engagement on! No doubt about it.... Absolutely no lag, better throttle responce than stock. EBC shows boost right off the bat at engagement.

I do agree with you though, when you hit 6000 rpm, all hell breaks loose with this thing. Holy #$%%#!!

Could be alot / all to do with Dr. Johns clutching though!

MCA

C

catmanm8

Nov 12, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
Thanx for the replies...very interesting....I have been around the turbo's as well as many high dollar normally asp motors.....I just think if someone quotes numbers with promises ( and I pay the big $$$$ ) ....we should be able to compare the diff kits and on diff models / makes..

I know we don't ride dyno's and it's all about the fun factor but.....

If I pay for a 16 inch pizza and get a 6 inch pizza that tastes great, I am still pizzed....:face-icon-small-hap

Once again thanx for the opinions, they are very valid.....

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
Well, lets look at this in terms that really matter..... Dynos as we all know dont mean anything in the mtns. However they do give people a piece of paper that shows how much there motor makes on some guys computer in some garage somewhere..

Why has there been such a mass migration away from big bore mod sleds to turbos? I will go out on a limb and say its because
1. They tend to make more power.
2. You tune them less than a big bore.
3. parts are stock so cheap and easy to replace.

Now as far as making more power than a big bore I know that there are guys with dyno sheets out there that claim to make huge power on there big bores but lets just step back and look at one example out of many on this forum..

OK, so Brad (1200psi) I am pretty sure nobody on this site is going to dispute the fact that his NA big bore runs like a raped ape.. However he has stepped up from a 1200 wc to his current sled a 1500 tripple.. He took all of the turbos down at the dash for cash on this sled.. Even so he builds and rides turbo 2 strokes as well. He prefers the tripple and with the power he makes and the type of rider he is he can handle the tripple.. AO was riding a very well running 1140 and thought it was the best sled he had ever been on. THen he wrecked it and got on a T800.. I promise youd be hard pressed to get him off of it..

My point is that who cares what the advertised power is? Most of the turbo builders wont give HP numbers. The reason is they dont mean anything.. When you can get on one of these turbo sleds and get them up steeper hills, over more technical lines, and through deeper snow then you could get on your big bore thats all that matters.. We can speculate that at such and such boost and elevation your making 240hp but it really doesnt matter. What matters is can you make it up that?? Or can you beat that??? (if your into racing) And another thing to me is if I break it its stock parts to put it back together.. I dont have to search for special pistons.. (Everyone knows the PSI debacle)
Anyway this is just my opinion on this subject... ride what ya brung and enjoy life in the Mtns and stay AVY AWARE be safe everyone!!

C

catmanm8

Nov 12, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
Thank you for your input and opinions....I was just wondering what the performance diff was between garrett and aero turbo's....$7000 and $3500 kits...skidoo vs polaris vs cat.....some motors respond better to pressure charging...

The turbo kit mfgs have great opinions about this..they don't think all kits are the same.....I still think dyno info would be a usable tool..not the complete picture or the last word, but still a valuable tool.....It seems to make sense to use any available tools to figure something out....I don't like to generalize or put on my blinders...

Also...If I buy a 220 HP (advertised) turbo kit for $6000 dollars and send the mfg a check for $6000 from an account that might have $6000 in it.....and it only has $5500 in the account....it's good money, but I bet he would be pizzed.....accountability is important....

PS I am not trying to be dumb about this, or be anti turbo....I just would like as much info as possible....

Once again, Thank you to all who have given input and opinions...they are all valuable... :face-icon-small-hap:wine:

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
I would be more than happy to loan a bd 800 poo to HMTURBOS for a comparison on his dyno.:present:
10# to 10#, both with kit intercoolers, hopefully both with 163 tracks.

S
Feb 10, 2010
Exhaust Sensor for 2011 PRO R 800 BD Turbo

Curious if anyone has had issues with exhaust sensors burning out?
Burned out 3 of them with only 800 miles.

J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
I only wanted to goto 10, 250 hp would be reachable with different gas. I run av gas. I think I could go all the way up 13 comfortably with avgas. Low elevation as well.

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
I would be more than happy to loan a bd 800 poo to HMTURBOS for a comparison on his dyno.:present:
10# to 10#, both with kit intercoolers, hopefully both with 163 tracks.

Nice! I hope HM will take you up on that. Would be awesome to see the results. With the Silber coming in at 214 hp on 10lbs of boost looking at these other 2 at 10lbs. would be sweet!

Last edited:

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Can't give you a hp number but my D7 with 14lbs and straight av gas sure rips!!:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features