• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XLT No start help..

V
Dec 22, 2009
Lewiston, ID
So I am trying getting an old 96 XLT 600 triple to run and am having issues. It actually started and ran the on the first pull but then died a minute later, and that was the last time it ran since I have been trying. I have spark and even when I put fuel or starting fluid in the cylinders it won't fire. Not sure what to do. Was thinking I was going to have to clean the carbs up but don't want to do that without getting it to fire first..
Any ideas??

Snow Duck

The Great and Mighty SnowDuck
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
Kuna Idaho to Elk City Idaho..
Case plugs

On the front of the engine under the exh. y is 3 10mm bolts, pull them out to drain the lower case.(be carefull not to lose the washers off them) it is going to be full of fuel even after sitting a few days. just had the same thing happen to me... But still pull the carbs and check all the jets,needle,seats and inspect the springs on the choke plungers i had 2 bent letting it be choked all the time...hope this helps???

Last edited:
Premium Features