• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Simmons Gen 2's on 08 Nytro MTX Opinions?

C
Nov 30, 2007
Grand Junction, CO
Doing some research for my old man.

He's got a 2008 Nytro MTX 153, and it is stock. He weighs 270lbs. Seems like the Gen 2's would be a good add on for him when riding in powder, butHow do they work on the trail? Anybody running these skis on a Nytro?

Thanks guys,
Ryan

M
Mar 29, 2008
I have some on mine and it streers like a tank on the trail but i have a cr tunnel and a m10 which creates a large amount of ski pressure. I,m goting to try some stock mtx skis. they might be ok with a stock set up tho.

I switched back and forth between the stock skis and the Simmons a number of times and decided that the Gen IIs were the way to go.

They definitely behave better on the trails. There is a lot less darting.

Both skis are kind of a bear to turn on hard pack snow at low speeds. There are times when you have to get some speed to get the handlebars to move at all.

I am also using the Timbersled Barkbuster front end. It seemed like upgraded front-end helped quite a bit.

Gen I may be something you should consider too. I installed them on an Apex several years ago and like them. They don't have the width that may help in the deeper snow but they give you the same on-trial benefits.

I did cut off part of the aft outside section of my Gen IIs and felt a noticeable improvement in the skis' carving.

A

aart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
gen 2's all the way, stock skis blow out the snow and you get blasted. simmons trap the snow under the ski and keep you up better. have ran them for 2 years on a cat (gen 1) now on my nytro for 2, just did the mod to mine so will report after next ride about that. and way better on the trails, like on rails!!!

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
first ride on GEN 2s!! loved them.. rode buddies sled with stock skis and no comparison.. hands down gen2s.. way more predictable!!

Premium Features