• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

iqr walker evans with dragon a-arms?

C
Aug 29, 2008
ok, i've read about this, and seen it done... i'm swapping my front end to a 39" stance rmk front end, i know for proper height i mush shim/shorten my suspension... my question is how much do i shorten my shafts on my WE shocks to run these a-arms and spindles on my 05' iqr?

G
Nov 25, 2011
Brighton, UT
I have an 06 stock front end and am in the same situation, wishing I had a 39" stance vs the 41.25 that is stock. I'm thinking of getting a donor sled instead of buying a complete front end and swapping it all out.

I

IQRTurbo

Dec 2, 2010
Central MN
Shock length

You need to shorten the shocks to 17" center to center to run the same length as the RMK shocks. I have done it before and found you can run as long as 17.5 and still not bind the ball joints/ rod ends and it leaves you with a little better travel and sets the front up higher to better match the height if the rear skid without running around nose down. I have noticed the sled seems to run on steep sidehills better with the RMK adjustable stance wide so you dont wash out on the sides of the belly pan.

B

BIGMEATS

Oct 29, 2008
Warman, SK
I have what your looking for. 2012 pro rmk shocks. complete with springs. Brand new take offs never seen snow. They are 17 c-c. $400 shipped.

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
It has crappy shocks on it now, wish it had stockers.

What is wrong with the stock valving? Too stiff I'm assuming? I could revalve and shorten the stockers myself if I had some. Would that be worth my time to buy and do or just buy some rmk take offs?

Premium Features