• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tls ?

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
I'd say :

"RChrlaChrlaChrlaChRlaChla-CHLACK"

All of that have to be pronounced correctly within 1.2 seconds in order to properly simulate the sound. The last "Schlack" seem to be louder than the other ones without the "R" in it.

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
would i rather have a tls slip a little here and there bashing moguls or a chain drive that has no give? its hard to let off the gas every other bump,i like to keep it pinned! does anyone with a chain drive ride my kind of trail where you are constantly loading/unloading the track? i know a 503 doesnt make the HP of a 6 or 8 hunnert, but when the track is in the air and lands atop the next bump,somethings gotta give! in my case the tls. in the case of a chain drive that has ZERO give, does it slip the clutch belt, bog the motor down or break a chain? the noise i hear makes me nervous that something is gonna blow apart...should i just wear earplugs and let the tls do its job?

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
I'd say the bump or mogul has to give or at the very last the lugs on your track !

I personnaly don't want to give away the power that I can put to the ground ! Of course yours being a 503 will probably only let go on hard WOT landings or blasting through whoops but still... And besides, an MX bike doesn't have a device that "shuts the power off" on WOT landings or Whoops, they are just built to take the beating, that's all !

I ride trails like yours, probably worst, all the time here out west, actually in 2 years, I can't remember riding one single decent groomed trails except 3 weeks ago up the Kelowna Snowmobile club. Going through a rough whoops section in a trail is what ripped off half the amount of tooth on my ex-belt actually.

Let the TLS do its job and clean it every 3 rides until it quits on ya, then buy another belt and/or discs or fix the problem and get a chain drive with a nice cover and forget the problem forever, your choice !

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
We'll all you guys are worried about a chain failure for nothing, because I found the weak point this weekend. When I stabbed the track at full throttle with the 800, it sheared the keyway on the top sprocket. Iv'e hammered mine through the bumps throttle on, never lifting, and never had an issue. It took the track stopping dead at full throttle ( 160+ hp) to shear the key and its the same key that came on my stock when it was new. Probibly should have replaced it anyway.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
would i rather have a tls slip a little here and there bashing moguls or a chain drive that has no give? its hard to let off the gas every other bump,i like to keep it pinned! does anyone with a chain drive ride my kind of trail where you are constantly loading/unloading the track? i know a 503 doesnt make the HP of a 6 or 8 hunnert, but when the track is in the air and lands atop the next bump,somethings gotta give! in my case the tls. in the case of a chain drive that has ZERO give, does it slip the clutch belt, bog the motor down or break a chain? the noise i hear makes me nervous that something is gonna blow apart...should i just wear earplugs and let the tls do its job?

Just tighten the set screws a little more, you'll be fine.

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
We'll all you guys are worried about a chain failure for nothing, because I found the weak point this weekend. When I stabbed the track at full throttle with the 800, it sheared the keyway on the top sprocket. Iv'e hammered mine through the bumps throttle on, never lifting, and never had an issue. It took the track stopping dead at full throttle ( 160+ hp) to shear the key and its the same key that came on my stock when it was new. Probibly should have replaced it anyway.

PERFECT answer! ill keep the tls for now...what was the price on the chain drive set up for a 503? i already have chain

Premium Features