• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new seat idea. help

R
Nov 28, 2009
ok so i want to make a hi rise seat. when it mounts to the tunnel is it wood under the seat or plastic. how do i get it off and if i buy seat foam that is taller and reapolster it to make it a high rise seat. so i am sitting higher iam a big guy i put the bar risers on today. 3 1/2 inches and they lines and cables barly fit. i need a simple idea to convince my dad he is scared to deth that i will mess it up so and idea or pics that you have done would be nice. if i want to make it shorter can i cut the wood/plastic and have it shorter? thanx

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
so many questions.....

I have a suggestion for you, not to be rude, or mean, or....

Try doing some wrenching on the machine. Pull the seat off and see how it is put together, it will make engineering in your head way easier and realistic.

There are to bolts in the back that hold the seat on, you will need a 7/16 wrench and socket with a long extension and a ratchet. The front of the seat is held on with a spring over the front of the gas tank, you will have to pull the air box to get at it. The spring will be a pita to get off and on.

Only way to be knowledgeable is to get in there and tear the machine apart and see how it goes together and how it works. I have been working on crap for over 20 years, best thing my dad ever gave me and my brother was the "can-do" attitude. Only difference between Jesse James and his clients, he can....they pay him to.....

now get to wrenching.....

08nightfire

Oct 10, 2009
NW Iowa
x2 the only way to learn is to tear some things apart on your own and learn from the mistakes you make along the way

Premium Features