• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A newb needs help

P
Dec 30, 2009
Hello everyone as the name's say's i'm a poonewb.I have a couple questions so i hope someone might help me out. I bought a 2000 xc 700 Deluxe for a $100 you are saying it must be a pos but it is not needs a roller in the clutch replaced. On to my questions

#1 My new sled dose not have a boost bottle on it so i want to know is there a bennifet to having it and do i need it?

#2 I'm going to take the carbs off and do a good cleaning on them so i would like to know what to set the mix screws at??

#3 Any aggresive clutch setup example---clutch arm weight

---helix & spring.

thanks.

newsled.jpg

P
Nov 16, 2009
Nashwauk, MN
Boost bootle cleans up the "burp" in the bottom of the range.

At sea level to 3k elevation, mains can go down to 180/185, 38 pilots, and 1 full turn on the screw. Needles in the #3 clip.

50-34 Helix, light spring-Blue or Black in secondary.

10-60's or see if 10-62's will pull with above secondary set up.

Personally, I like the 10-60's with a SLP Black/Red primary, and 50-34 with Poo Silver/Ble, on #3 hole. That should get you going

P
Dec 30, 2009
Sorry one more question for now what should the oil mixsure be at as far as when i pull the throttle where and or when should it activate the oil lever?

P
Dec 30, 2009
Ok guy's i'm sorry i'm sure everyone is sick of my question but i have another one i'm going to put in a pic of my carb i need to know what to set the screw at in the pic one carb was set at 2 full turns and the other at 3 1/2 turns and i know this is not right. i need to know not about the black slid screw but the lower one please. Also what should the comprestion be on both side's of motor. thanks.

carb.jpg

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
1-1.5 turns out depending on temperature. These carbs are finicky on the bottom end with the air screw. I run mine @ 1 out below 20 degrees and 1 1/4 to 1.5 out on warmer days.

Compression should be around 125

Premium Features