• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thread subscription notifications not working?

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I have a thread that I posted yesterday and subscribed to it asking for instant email notification. I have not yet gotten a notification yet there were a number of posted replies on that thread. Checked my thread subscription and my email address and all is as expected.

Is this a system-wide problem?

I have a couple threads in swap meet too with things for sale and subscriptions, so do I have to go check them manually too?

Thanks

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
seems like a system wide problem, i haven't been getting my notifications either. man these new servers work great. :(

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Has nothing at all to do with the hardware, and everything to do with your e-mail provider blocking our outbound e-mails.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The problems all began right after we found a backlog of some 100,000+ e-mails that had never gone out and we blasted all of them.

From that moment on people started reporting problems, and it appears we got listed as a spammer for sending out so many e-mails all at once.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
The problems all began right after we found a backlog of some 100,000+ e-mails that had never gone out and we blasted all of them.

hmmm...so it seems the customer(us)is not part of the problem here...the business(you guys) just dropped the ball somewhere...but hey no problem...just get it fixed...and just pray this crap isn;t happening when your bank account is flush from the customers paying..

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
I'm not getting my notifications either.Christopher Please Help Me.If it's getting marked as spam shouldn't it show up in my junk mail file?
Thanks,Pete

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
i use msn and there is no mail marked junk in my junk box so it must be being blocked if it is being blocked. before it gets to me.

I love your attitude chris, keep up the good work :(

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Has nothing at all to do with the hardware, and everything to do with your e-mail provider blocking our outbound e-mails.

From that moment on people started reporting problems, and it appears we got listed as a spammer for sending out so many e-mails all at once.

So this is my problem and I need to personally contact Google to get YOUR emails unblocked? Rediculous! This is actually your responsibility since your "backlog of some 100,000+ emails" blast could have caused this.

Not all of us are as dumb as you sometimes seem to think we are. This technology ignorant snowmobiler is also a Network Administrator and understands some of the technical problems that you face. Don't be so quick to blame us. A little humility goes a long way in customer service. Because, Christopher, don't forget: Without us your job wouldn't exist.

A simple "Thank you for the notification. We are aware of the problem and are currently looking into it" goes a long way. A few status updates detailing progress makes us all feel warm and fuzzy inside because we KNOW you are concerned and looking into it for us.... you got OUR back.

See the difference?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Same here, but I'm getting them on occasion. (about 1 out of 5-10 or so?)

I got 2 pm's this morning, got only one email, so it doesn't seem like they're getting blocked, but I don't claim to understand how the emails spam systems work.
Hmmm
Mind if I ask which ISP your using for your mail?

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I am still not getting notifications. I am using an independent ISP, incoming mail server is pop "dot" 1and1 "dot" com, I have control over spam checking on my email account there and have it set to off. Must be getting lost upstream of there somewhere...

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I started receiving the emails again today.. Christopher, I think maybe you should re-evaluate your reason behind the problem.. During this down time, never once was I getting ANY emails from this site going to my spam folder because I was receiving NO email messages from Snowest. Now today they miraculously come through again.. Not sure if it is all of them, but I have recieved a few emails.. No way could this be the email provider.. Nobody is receiving notifications and everyone has different providers.. :mad:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
i am still not getting notifications. I am using an independent isp, incoming mail server is pop "dot" 1and1 "dot" com, i have control over spam checking on my email account there and have it set to off. Must be getting lost upstream of there somewhere...
thanks!

Premium Features