• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

96 Summit 670 mods ideas wanted.

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
Here's the rules. Everyone is welcome to throw ideas in. I would appreciate if you limit them to 2 ideas per response. Not looking to rebuild the sled just improve the girl a lil bit.

This is a 96 Summit with a 3 inch bar riser, 144 track extension and aftermarket can.

Nov 26, 2007
Kent,Wa.
Gearing and clutching...............

Big gains to be had with little cost. Gear it down, and add some pin weight. I would suggest that you have a good tach, and a J/S sensor would be awesome. I use a Digatron and love the J/S sensor for clutch tuning. Good Luck -00's

E
Nov 20, 2009
SLC, Utah
Big gains to be had with little cost. Gear it down, and add some pin weight. I would suggest that you have a good tach, and a J/S sensor would be awesome. I use a Digatron and love the J/S sensor for clutch tuning. Good Luck -00's

For the guys who like to ride, but don't work on their sleds much (me), could you expound on the benefits of adding pin weight and gearing down? I have a stock 670 like the OP, and it's top speed on the best day of its life was maybe 65. If that got cut to 50 I wouldn't care because speed runs aren't my thing, and if it helps me get stuck less, boondock better and climb the hill easier, I'm all for it.

Also, what gears do you change? Chaincase?

Oh, and I'm going to lift the skid on mine. Here is a useful thread. http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175875

/new guys always ask the basic questions.

Last edited:
T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
gear it down!! through a set of anti ratchet's on! (Free up a few HP's)
and maybe some air pods!:D:D

and maybe do a little clutch work!!

Oh **** that was 4!!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Premium Features