• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CR Tunnel - Coolant Question

snowpromod

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Northeast Ohio
I have my CR tunnel installed and was wondering what the proper method to bleed the cooling system is? Just start up the sled and run it to cycle the system while I add coolant? First four stroke and trying to avoid any self inflicted damage before I even ride it!

Thanks

M
Jan 14, 2004
Jack the front of the sled up as high as you can get it then add antifreeze. Lower it down start it then top it up. Thats how I do it.

M5

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Its temperature based(thermostat). Jack it up. Fill. Let sit till no more bubles/or the coolant doesn't drop. Top up and ride.
Forgot. It's a rule here that you have to post pics of all aftermarket tunnels.:D:beer;

H

hotliner23

Nov 28, 2008
Billings,MT
ya that method works good i have a new cr tunnel as well and thats what i did just jacked up the front and filleder up and let it run till thermostat opens then i shut it off and let it cool and it sucks up more coolant then repeat till you feel warm coolant all the way around to chain case side. i removed my radiator so jacked mine up a little higher my pressure bottle is down by the reservoir. oh one thing to check on your tunnel is the hoses on the cooler in the back one of mine is calapsed a little.

Premium Features