• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TACH problems

H

highmarkedu

Nov 27, 2007
MT
Anyone ever seen or know why my tach says its a like 3500 rpm but in reality its idling like 1600-1700 on the digatron, when i rev her up the needle goes down in rpm as the digatron goes up PLEASE HELP

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Anyone ever seen or know why my tach says its a like 3500 rpm but in reality its idling like 1600-1700 on the digatron, when i rev her up the needle goes down in rpm as the digatron goes up PLEASE HELP

it sounds like you have a 6 pulse tach(used on the fuji motors)instead of a 2 pulse tach(used on all liberty motors)..

H

highmarkedu

Nov 27, 2007
MT
Both the stator and tach should be 6 pulse as its stock hood and tach wondering if i have a ground problem. I just put in a new ves motor with new complete wiring harness so im still up in the air with this one sled runs fine on the stand tachs just haywire:mad:

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
My 02 had the same problem, turned out the voltage regulator was bad! I replaced it and all was good.

C

champyfz450

Jan 13, 2009
Fort McMurray
If your not running headlights on your sled that will happen as you dont have enough of a load on the system. Try turning on your handwarmers and see if it goes away

H

highmarkedu

Nov 27, 2007
MT
Well guys for some reason the tach decided to work, why exactly im not sure i just pushed every connection together i could find and it seems to work, everything works(headlight,premium light when in correct postion and turns off, never seen rev or temp light work yet and no hand warmers so who knows if it will go screwy again:eek:

D
Jul 21, 2009
Northern WI
If tightening the connections seemed to fix it, unplug them one at a time and clean them up really good, I bet you'll find corrosion or a bad plug around at least one of the connectors. If it happened once, it'll happen again, and it's easy to fix now, but not on the side of the trail.

Premium Features