• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

98 powder extreme

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
I think at long as u dont mod them too much they're pretty reliable. We have four of these motors. Two that r stock, one that is a mod 600 and another punched out to 700. They really respond to a good set of pipes. We have D&D and PSI. Haven't ever had problems with the stator on these sleds, just our Powder Specials. Make good HP but not a whole lot of torque. Like to run at 10000 rpm's but won't hold up very long, hard on the bottom end. Run about 9200 for reliabilty.

Sprocket

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
Powder Extreme

I had both a 1997 and a 1998. Both were basicly the same except the 1998 was a little more modern in looks and controls. I loved them both they were great machines. The only trouble I had was with the 1997 but it was rider induced. My buddy didn't let it warm up before doin a top fuel burnout and it stuck the PTO piston. Other than that no troubles at all!

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
I got a '98 slightly modded (heads shaved, hac gone, etc). It seized the PTO piston at 2100 miles. I got a feeling it was fuel related (I think my brother in law put 85 in it when he filled it), but it was a perfect day/situation for an overheat anyways (warm spring day, but slow going thru the trees with little snow kickup for cooling). My sister was riding it and it seized.

My grandpa has a '97 which he absolutely loves. It made it to 7100 miles before it broke the skirt on the center piston. 99% stock only mod is a dg silencer.

Premium Features