• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Apex kill tethers

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
Stay away from the Gunner. I went through two of them on my TRX-1 before I gave up. They would fry after several days. They worked great right away, but soon I could smell something burning and they would quit. The dealer said everything was wired correctly.

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
If you already have a Gunnar you can cut out the transistor and wire it through a relay. I did this on mine and it works fine(relay was $9). The problem with the Gunnar is that the transistor is coated in plastic instead of mounted to a heat sink(which is why it's melting).

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i just ordered up one of the older cat style cap ones that is normally closed, i think it cost me $24 shipped and about $1 in installing supplies... cheap, affective, and easy to install.

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
The problem with the cordless for me Is that I ride with a tether to for one prevent the track from being spinning at 80 while the sled tumbles down at me and 2 the storys I have herd of people getting there leg pulled in the track. The cordless does nothing for either situation. Just my opinion.

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
I run a Pingel and attach the leash to my throttle hand or jacket. The cordless isn't for me, I have been stuck under my sled with it running, in fact just saw a video from Golden of that exact thing. I'm sure the cordless is a great product, I just want to be able to pull the leash if needed.

Aug 15, 2008
Pingel products are nice, I have one on my Hayabusa for drag racing. Great product, decent price and easy as heck to install. Do it yourself, and don't pay someone to do it, it's that easy!

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
Pingel

Does anyone know who's selling these in B.C. Closer to Terrrace the better.
If you could PM me that would be a great help.

Thanks

Aug 15, 2008
ordered my pingel from the US, it was actually cheaper that way. If you're interested pm me the website, I can't remember off the top of my head and have to search through my emails...

Premium Features