• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP shock rebuild by Fett Bros

G
Dec 23, 2007
Looking for anyone who has had their shocks rebuilt from the Fett Brothers.

I am looking at an aftermarket skid/shock from Toms or Timbersled but found a few friends who had Fett Brothers rebuild and put a Stage 1 or 2 kit into their shocks on their M8's instead of getting the new suspension. They said it made a big difference with sag, bottoming out and rebound rates.

Also considering the update kit to make the skid a 2010 from the dealer but that is a little more expensive. Only want to spend $500 max if possible but would still consider Tom's or Timbersled.

Just looking for advice from the XP crowd.
Fett Brothers?
2010 Ski doo update?
Or aftermarket suspension (Tom's or Timbersled)?

I have a 08' X 154 and ride at 8000-12000 feet

Thanks

BOHICA

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Colorado
If cash is an issue, get your shocks rebuilt and revalved before laying down big coin on a new suspension. You'll be happy with the stock suspension when it's set up for your weight and riding style.
I've had all 4 of my shocks revalved by Ian at Monster Performance (518-320-5704) www.monsterperf.com. He did a great job with quick turn around and good pricing. I'm sure that Fett Brothers would work equally as well.
Mark

L
I've heard great things from Fett Bors, and a few riding buddies have used them over the years/ A couple have also used Ian at Monster Performance. All with great results.

I just had mine revalved-rebuilt by Goodwin Performance/ I chose them only because they were the closest. I spoke to both Ian and Fett Bros about my shocks before I went with the close guys. All were about the same price (except I had to pay shipping for Fett and Ian) and all knew all about the 08 and 09 X Summit shock issues. I am guessing the rebuild from one will be similar to the rebuild from another.

Any of these choices is a great option - it would be shame to ditch a perfectly good set of X shocks, when jsut a little revalving and they should work a lot better.

You shold however probably look at upgrading the rear torsion springs as well as long as you are at it...

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
I use/recomend Fett Bros....there stage 1 valving cures alot of issues for $210...also get the next stiffest rear springs...let limiter to the last hole...BJ

REV4ARUSH

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Eastern SD
Hey John, can Fett Bros. do anything with Everest shocks or just the X package ones. I already have Floats on the front but was thinking of doing something to the rears.

G
Dec 23, 2007
Question for Big John

Big John wondering if you know the part number for the next stiffest springs for a stock 08 XP 154? Probably going to go with Fett Brothers...seem like great people and quick service.

Thanks again.

Premium Features