• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

question about putting a iq seat on a genII sled

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
The IQ seat "sits" taller because it sits on top of the fuel tank. You would have to fit an IQ fuel tank on then the seat. But remember, the IQ is a rider forward design and the tank and seat are farther forward on the chassis than the older designs. A better choice may be a seat from BOSS. Cheers.

B
Dec 3, 2008
I agree that you would have to swap the tank and the seat. I have seen guys put rev tanks and seats the the edge chassis. Gen 2 cant be that much harder.

I would try to fit it with either an aftermarket seat made for the Gen 2 or try putting a shortie race seat on from a pro-x. That should fit fairly well I would think and it is higher.

A

Abominable

Dec 30, 2003
Evel Knievel jump site, ID
snowest.com
I rebuilt mine by adding some foam pool noodles under it the stock foam and it raised it about 2.5 inches. It's not great but much better than stock.
I took a bunch of pics of the process and posted a how to in the old forum, if anyone's interested let me know and I'll repost it.

Stock:

cbf64a5f.jpg

Redneck highrise:

a78a860c.jpg

M
Jun 15, 2009
Marshfield, WI.
you should be able to take some measuerments of the iq setup and see if you can swap the whole seat and tank . The only bad deal with getting a boss seat for the gen2 is they discontinued it last year so good luck finding a new one.

RMK4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Not to thread jack here but Abominable would you mind reposting your how to? I think that I would like to do something like that to mine. Thanks much.

Travydog, I would look into finding a shorty seat and edge tank. Those seats sit really nice and it would be a helluva a lot easier than trying to make an IQ seat work. I'm pretty sure that I saw a pic of something like this done. I'll see if I can find it and post it up for ya.

RMK4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Travydog: I found that pic of the GEN 2 w/ an IQ seat and tank like you were wondering about. I hope that it helps you out some.

Untitled.jpg

M
Jan 15, 2008
put one on my genII. built a new steering hoop because the iq doesn't have front mounts. no way to use the stock plastic surround so I'll probably just leave it open. e-mail me if you want pics and I'll try to figure out how to post them. wapautobody2002@yahoo.com

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
I have a iq seat and tank on mine. it takes a little work but if you have a welder and time you can do it. You have to rase the up the steering hoop a little or bild brakets to hold down the front of the tank. Like i said if you hafe time you can do it

Premium Features