• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMK/Vertical Edge/Vertical Escape

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Pretty much. Snow check time you had your chioce of colors and shocks packages so the shocks may differ on the sleds you are looking at. To the best of my memory though, in 04 all rmks (7-8's) were considered vertical escapes and had the same features. Alot of people just called them all rmks and others they are all edges since they are on the edge platform. Like I said, in 03 the escape was a very different sled from the standard edge. The 03 had electronic reverse, crom moly front end parts and in the skid as well as the steering post. Lightweight seat, and more. All these foound there way on the 04 sleds and they all became "escapes". Hope this helps you.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
If you want a Vertical Escape, the 03 is the one to have. The black hood with red and chrome graphics really make it stand out. A lot of people will tell you it's the best Edge chassis sled ever built, and some will even content that it's the best stock Polaris ever built (Dragon owners tend to disagree :D)

R

rockin rmk

Oct 27, 2002
Great Falls MT
If you want a Vertical Escape, the 03 is the one to have. The black hood with red and chrome graphics really make it stand out. A lot of people will tell you it's the best Edge chassis sled ever built, and some will even content that it's the best stock Polaris ever built (Dragon owners tend to disagree :D)

We have to disagree. Spent $10k on a new dragon it has to be the best:rolleyes:

M

MPS

Pretty much. Snow check time you had your chioce of colors and shocks packages so the shocks may differ on the sleds you are looking at. To the best of my memory though, in 04 all rmks (7-8's) were considered vertical escapes and had the same features. Alot of people just called them all rmks and others they are all edges since they are on the edge platform. Like I said, in 03 the escape was a very different sled from the standard edge. The 03 had electronic reverse, crom moly front end parts and in the skid as well as the steering post. Lightweight seat, and more. All these foound there way on the 04 sleds and they all became "escapes". Hope this helps you.

I have an 04 Escape and I had the choice of the Edge. They told me it had all the lighter weight parts you described and better shocks, etc. I know I have seen Edges the same year as mine. My Escape also says RMK on it.

D
Dec 8, 2008
There is a difference between the escape and the edge and it was mostly shocks and front suspension but the escape was also lighter then the edge. but they are basically the same as far a platform goes. and the 800 was the only way to get an escape.

R
Oct 7, 2009
washington
In 03 the vertical escape was snow checked and came with a 159 track. in 04 the base model was the vertical edge but if you snowchecked you could upgrade to the vertical escape which was over 15lb lighter than the edge. The vertical ecape was avalible on the 600 with 144 track, 700 with 144,151,or 159, and the 800 with 144,151, or 159. the 04 had two color options silver with red or silver with yellow. Also the vertical escape had the option of getting the upgraded ryde FX shocks

Last edited:

raptobob

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2008
Idaho
Escape has different - trailing arms, sway bar, sway bar slides, sway bar mounts, chain driven gear, steering post, riser, throttle cable, bar cover, seat, track, idler wheels, shocks, and decals. Thats all I can think of for now.

Last edited:
Premium Features