• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09'-2010' Dragon spindles..cheap!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I know its not exactly the best place to stick this..but wanted to let everyone with STOCK 05 900 or 06 700/900 spindles, or even those with the 07 spindles on their sleds....those spindles are garbage and the 09-10 spindles have the same geometry as the HOLZ...and will allow for better turning and trailing on your sleds...

Check this out from Carls Cycle..

New take-off Dragon spindles, these are the machined light weight version. I will start having them available around the 1st of october, so get your name on a set now. $150

Email to performance@carlscycle.com

refer to this thread..
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1779365#post1779365

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The spindles on 2008 - 2010's are the same geomentry.. the Dragon 2009/2010's are about 8oz each lighter than the 2008's.

The 2006 and 2007 spindles are the same (I have both sets here)... they are not junk, in fact they are better cruising down the trail, but there is more steering effort involved with the 2007 and eariler. The 2005's were the real poor design and any of the new ones are an upgrade.

The 09/10 spindles are not the exact same geometry as the Holz...but they are pretty darn close.
Carls is selling the 09/10 Dragons that are replaced by the Holz spindles.

That is a great price from Carls... Thanks for the "FYI"

Last edited:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
The spindles on 2008 - 2010's are the same geomentry.. the Dragon 2009/2010's are about 8oz each lighter than the 2008's.

The 2006 and 2007 spindles are the same (I have both sets here)... they are not junk, in fact they are better cruising down the trail, but there is more steering effort involved with the 2007 and eariler. The 2005's were the real poor design and any of the new ones are an upgrade.

That is a great price from Carls... Thanks for the "FYI"

I think that sums it up pretty good. My friend had the stock spindles on his 06 900... it went down the trail in a straight line very well but it took everything you had to navigate through the trees... :eek:

That is a good price for sure for the new lightweight spindles:eek::D:beer;

P

pullhardr

Nov 26, 2007
Alpine, WY
I know its not exactly the best place to stick this..but wanted to let everyone with STOCK 05 900 or 06 700/900 spindles, or even those with the 07 spindles on their sleds....those spindles are garbage and the 09-10 spindles have the same geometry as the HOLZ...and will allow for better turning and trailing on your sleds...

Check this out from Carls Cycle..

refer to this thread..
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1779365#post1779365

Thanks for the heads up, reserved some today!

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
With these spindles do you have to change any of the a arms on a 2005 to the newer style??

Nope, they will bolt on. You will however have to adjust your upper mount out a bit and then the tie rod will need to be adjusted a little as well. On the '05s you will need to make sure you get a longer upper spindle mounting bolt as the '05 spindles were machined differently and used a slightly shorter bolt than the '06-current sleds use.

Not sure if I am forgetting anything or not.

Oh ya, you will also need to be sure you get a set of 4 spacers for an '06-current sled as the '05 were a non-adjustable stance :eek: and did not have spacers. I found that out after I got my '05 spindles off of my sled...

So to answer your question, no, no major components will need to be changed, just a little adjusting and a couple minor extras.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
The 09/10 spindles are not the exact same geometry as the Holz...but they are pretty darn close.
Carls is selling the 09/10 Dragons that are replaced by the Holz spindles.

if the 09/10 spindles are so close to the Holz.. then why are people replacing them? weight, strength?? Seems like it is a chunk of money for such a small upgrade..

G

GBCB

Nov 19, 2008
Crested Butte, Co
Thanks for the extra push!

I was on the fence on whether to buy these for my '06 and your prodding pushed me over the edge. I put my name on the list for a set of these puppies. Also found some adjustable Ryde FX shocks on the swap. I wish I cound afford better shocks but the $600-$1000 range for ski shocks- it makes me sweat. Got some Gripper take-offs earlier this summer so the front end will be about as good as I can afford to make it for now. I've had to replace one lower a-arm last year and am hoping they both will hold up for a bit. Has anyone had any luck reinforcing the arms with a weld in a spot or two? Perhaps the better skis, spindles and shocks will ease up on the arms. Thoughts? With these machines certainly prayers!

B
Dec 21, 2007
HI

I have a 07 dragon. Will these really be much better than what I have now. I have found the sled darty on the trail will these help with this.

sleddude

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima WA
I think that sums it up pretty good. My friend had the stock spindles on his 06 900... it went down the trail in a straight line very well but it took everything you had to navigate through the trees... :eek:

That is a good price for sure for the new lightweight spindles:eek::D:beer;

We do a lot of tree riding and my 900 would own me by the end of the day:mad::eek:, now I hope it's the other way around:cool:.

That is a great price, I bought some 09's from Carl's in August.

Premium Features