• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iq - iqr ?

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
Please enlighten me! Ive been wondering this since last winter. I had my hood off of my 09 D8 and was looking at it from the side, down at its level. My question is this... Doesn't the IQR look like an IQ without a bumper?:confused: I am new to this IQR train of thought, but based on all of the hoopla, Im pretty sure I want one. So, would somebody please tell me THE DAMNED DIFFERENCE, THANKS:mad:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
They are two very different sleds. I currently have my IQR hood off and it is smaller than my Dragon hood. The tunnels are obvously different and the side plastics are not even close to being the same. The IQR has a more rider foward (like the XP) than that of the Dragon RMK RAW chassis. Does that answer your question?

Z
Dec 20, 2007
he wants specific differences, not just the normal ones. im guessing he means are the bulkheads the same? suspension geometry. all that stuff.

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
he wants specific differences, not just the normal ones. im guessing he means are the bulkheads the same? suspension geometry. all that stuff.

Yes you are right, like I said, I am new to the IQR world, but the bulkhead looks very much the same from my uneducated perspective. It is funny to me that alot of guys cuss the XP for being so rider forward, yet so many guys think that the IQR is the ultimate mtn sled. I have a buddy that has an IQR that he has put a 151 on. It has the 600 motor with Carl's 660 in it. He wants to sell it and I want it.

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
The major difference between the two chassis is the fact that the iqr's steering post runs in front of the motor instead of behind it, much the same as the skidoo xp. This is not to say that the handling of the iqr is similar to the xp, rather that the more forward steering post opens up the gate to allow better (i.m.o.)components and ergonomics to be introduced into the iqr platform, such as more forward footrests, a better center of gravity, and a far superior feeling riding position over the i.q. raw chassis, or any other chassis out there for that matter.

Premium Features